In my mind I am 24, but my back is 55, my knee is 67 and my left hip turns 76 today.
A little humor for you on my birthday.
Ostriches will often walk around and then forget where they are going. I have never related more to an animal in my life.
Thought this was a muppet.
An oldie but it still makes me laugh and I really am joking here, but my funny bone/quirky humor got a chuckle.
The older I get, the more I understand why people live in the woods
and talk to squirrels.
I can be a bit naughty and that quirky humor can get me in trouble at times, but I do love squirrels.
“Hey, excuse me…but the Bird Feeder is empty.”
One of these does not care that I haven’t filled the bird feeder. Is he searching for his acorn? The other three aren’t telling and the one has forgotten he is supposed to put his hands over his ears, not up his nose! What's up with that then? Silly squirrel!
The fourth squirrel has arrived…he sees no one, hears no one and talks to everyone.”
And then there is this one.
“Happy Birthday lady, but can you now feed the squirrels, I mean birds.”
Okay, enough of squirrels, well almost enough.
Just look at her…the way she’s crawling to the coffee pot. Keep it up lady, you’re almost there.”
Ahhhh…
“Behold, the sacred brew has arrived.”
That’s enough of the squirrels for today. I am being taken out to lunch. I am not sure where yet, but I will tell you in a day or so.
Have a great Wednesday,
thanks for dropping in and
don’t forget to embrace
your inner ostrich.
(Graphics from Pinterest)










HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You are one of my longest and favorite followers!! I love squirrels and you chose such good ones. I am like this ostrich, too. Can't wait to see how your day was!
ReplyDeleteAwwww, thank you, that is a real sweet thing to say Ginny. I feel the same way about you :) I can relate to the ostrich too. I have written about my day and it will be on tomorrow’s post. It was a very interesting time that’s for sure. I read it to Gregg and he said yes, that’s what happened, you got every detail ;)
DeleteHappy Birthday Denise. I hope you have a lovely lunch. I'll tell you a secret. "Old age is not for sissies" I'm glad you feel much younger. Love your squirrels and jokes.
ReplyDeletelol! It certainly isn’t Diane. I remember an older friend telling me that years ago. She and you are right :))) glad you enjoyed those squirrels.
DeleteHappy birthday, Denise!🧡🎁💐🎉
ReplyDeleteMay you stay healthy and creative—just as you are now—for many, many more years! That’s just how it is; the years fly by amidst the stress of daily life, and the mind barely has time to take it all in...
Have a beautiful birthday Wednesday!
Thank you Katerina, I appreciate your greetings and words very much :) You have a beautiful day also my dear friend :)
DeleteHappy birthday, I wish you lots of health and love.let it be well with you
ReplyDeleteThe squirrels and your comments about them are so funny. I’d rather have dark humor than none at all.
hugs Elke
Thank you dear Elke :) so very kind of you to say. I am happy you enjoyed this. Humor is good for us all. Hugs, Denise
DeleteI wish you a very happy birthday, too! My first impression was how beautiful all the photos are. They are absolutely wonderful in every way. I hope you have a fantastic day celebrating!
ReplyDeleteHow very kind of you to say Asep. Thank you and I hope you have a wonderful day :)
DeleteHappy Birthday, Denise! 🥳 Your squirrels clearly have more personality than most people I know. Keep embracing that quirky humor--it’s the best gift you share with all of us. Enjoy your lunch and may the coffee pot always be full!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Veronica :) The squirrels appreciate your sweet words also :) as do I and we will always try to do our best. Have a wonderful day!
DeleteHappy Birthday to you Denise and I'm sure you will or are having a great one
ReplyDeleteLove these, I'm still laughing and smiling and some are so true.
Thank you Margaret and I am glad these made you laugh :)
DeleteHappy birthday, Denise. I hope you celebrate in fine style.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much David :) I will do my best.
DeleteOh my gosh, Happy Birthday. I wish I would have sent out a birthday card. I love all of these. Wishing you many more birthdays to come.
ReplyDeleteThank you Ann, you have sent me enough, for which I am very grateful :)
DeleteHappy Birthday hope you have a great one!
ReplyDeleteThank you kindly Val and very much appreciated :)
DeleteHappy Birthday, dear Denise! A big party?
ReplyDeleteVery sweet of you Angie, no big parties for me. Not a party person but a quiet meal somewhere is always welcome :) Thank you!
DeleteHappy Birthday Denise! I love all the cute images! Have a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteThank you Eileen, very much appreciated :) you have a wonderful day too.
DeleteMany Happy returns of the day. I hope you have a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteThank you my friend :) much appreciated!
DeleteHappy Birthday !
ReplyDeleteThank you Ann :)
DeleteHappy Birthday to all of your parts! Lovely batch of critters at your party! Linda in Kansas
ReplyDeletelol! Thank you Linda, they are all singing to me today :) They are lovely, aren’t they?
DeleteHappy Birthday Denise!
ReplyDeleteThank you kindly Christine :)
DeleteWishing you the happiest of birthdays! Enjoy your celebrations.
ReplyDeleteWren x
Hello wren, delighted to see you! :) Thank you so much for the birthday greetings :) Denise x
DeleteHappy 76th Denise...is it the Music Man movie that has a parade with 76 trombones?
ReplyDeleteHugs Cecilia
Hello Cecilia, thank you so much, I think I heard those trombones, lol! Hugs, Denise :)
DeleteWe had sacred brew on a park bench today. It was lovely, both the bench and the view.
ReplyDeleteSounds fabulous John, wish I could have joined you both :)
Delete♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
ReplyDelete♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday Dear Denise,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you.♪♪
I loved your memes today - I love squirrels too. Love Coffee!
Oh I am listening to your sweet Happy Birthday song Sandie, and so glad you enjoyed them all. Another squirrel and coffee lover, you made my day dear friend:)
DeleteBelated birthday greetings, my friend. I hope it was a wonderful day and that you let the celebration continue!
ReplyDeleteThank you kindly my friend :) we usually keep the birthday celebrations going for the week.
DeleteHappiest of birthdays to you, dear Denise. There are 76 trombones making music for your special day. Enjoy your lunch and the rest of the day, too.
ReplyDeleteI hear them Ellen, thank you so much for your birthday wishes :)
DeleteHappy birthday dear one. These funnies capture me. The ostrich, the squirrels and all.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much dear Terra, so very kind of you :) glad you enjoyed the funnies. Always happy to share a few smiles.
DeleteHappy birthday wishes, you are a bit squirrelly and that’s ok!
ReplyDeleteLOL, Yes I am and proud of it :) Thank you for the smile Barbara.
DeleteThanks for the smiles on your birthday post :)
ReplyDeleteSending lots of Happy Birthday wishes to you.
All the best Jan
You are very welcome, and I very much appreciate your birthday wishes. Thank you Jan and all the best :)
DeleteHappy birthday Denise!
ReplyDeleteThank you Linda, much appreciated :)
DeleteHappy birthday you funny lady!! Keep up with that sunny nature, it keeps you young. Many happy returns of the day!! xx
ReplyDeleteTo be called a funny lady is a wonderful compliment in my book. Thank you so much for your sweet words and also your birthday wishes Kay xx
DeleteFeliz cumpleaños. Te mando un beso.
ReplyDeleteMuchas gracias por enviarme tus felicitaciones de cumpleaños. Agradezco tu amabilidad. Te mando un beso.
DeleteHappy birthday. You neatly stick handle around things so that you do not tell your age.
ReplyDeleteThank you Red. My age is tucked into the last line of the first picture, the same age as my hip :)
DeleteHappy Birthday! I enjoyed the jokes, especially the Muppet :) Squirrels are such fun: the one dressed as a bird is pricelss. Thanks for visiting my blog and enjoy your special day.
ReplyDeleteThat’s great Patricia and thank you so much for my birthday greetings :) glad you enjoyed the squirrels. People can be so clever. I enjoyed visiting you and look forward to again soon.
DeleteHappy Birthday! Keep having fun!
ReplyDeleteThank you Linda, I appreciate that :)
DeleteA belated Happy Birthday. Your humor is still young and I appreciate that!
ReplyDeleteThank you Sandra, I try my best :)
Deletethese were ALL GREAT!! i must admit to having seen a few in the past...but the old lady reading, now that is hilarious!! remember, you are only as old as you feel. i feel 101!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Debbie and me too but still enjoy them. Glad you do too :) funny, great minds think alike, I was saying to Gregg yesterday, I feel like a hundred, lol!
DeleteThis is so good. I really enjoyed all the memes.
ReplyDeleteI thought the lady was a muppet too at first until I followed your instructions and looked at the hair.
Belated Happy Birthday!
Hi Sandra, so glad! That lady took me a few seconds too :) Thank you very much for your birthday wishes.
DeleteHappy, happy birthday, Denise!
ReplyDeleteThank you kindly Granny Sue, appreciate your birthday wishes :)
DeleteHappy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday Dear Denise. Happy Birthday, to you (and many more....)🎵🎵🎵🎵
ReplyDeleteAwww, sweet. Thank you Ivy! :)
DeleteHappy Belated Birthday, Denise.. loved this post, laughed all the way through the reading. I had hoped the squirrels would not return, because as cute as they are they bring whole peanuts, acorns, and all kinds of things for Beau to eat and then I have to pace with him when he gets sick. I try to pick them up but they bury them and he digs them up and eats dirt and whatever they buried.... that said I do love watching squirrels. they were never a problem until Beau got Cushings disease.
ReplyDeleteThank you Sandra, I appreciate that very much :) so glad this gave you a laugh. I never thought about that with Beau and the squirrels and such and his Cushing disease. Hope your week went well and that you will have a good weekend.
DeleteOh dear! I am so sorry that I missed your special day. I hope you had a lovely day and the birthday year ahead is full of happiness and good health for you.
ReplyDeleteNo worries Beverley, and thank you for the birthday greetings and good wishes. I really appreciate that :)
Delete