Monday, August 15, 2022

MONDAY RECIPE POST - CAULIFLOWER APPETIZER WITH RANCH DRESSING

This recipe came from a friend so there is no link.  We enjoyed it very much. The cauliflower was cooked in an air-fryer but it can easily be roasted in the oven.  I didn't want to use the oven because of the hot summer weather, and decided on the air-fryer instead. 


Cauliflower Appetizer with Ranch Dressing.

½ cup all-purpose flour

½ cup cornstarch

½ teaspoon baking powder

¼ teaspoon kosher salt

¼ teaspoon paprika

1 cup club soda

1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets

1 cup of ranch dressing (the kind you get in a bottle at the supermarket)

1 tablespoon hot sauce (we used Sciracha)

Preheat air fryer to 350° for 15 minutes, and then use a little cooking spray on the bottom of the fryer basket.  Go carefully as everything will be very hot.

Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt and paprika in a bowl. Slowly whisk in club soda until combined. Do not overmix as you want some bubbles left.  This mixture will be thinner than a regular batter.

Dip the cauliflower florets into batter mixture, coat well but tap off any extra.

Add florets to the basket in one layer (you may have to work in batches). 

Cook (at 350º) for 8 minutes and check to make sure things are not browning too much.  I think like our ovens, temperatures in these air-frayers may fluctuate.  

After 4 minutes of cooking time coat the pieces with more cooking spray.  

Repeat above with the remaining cauliflower if you have any left.  

Mix the 1 cup of ranch dressing and 1 tablespoon of Sriracha together with a spoon, until completely combined, and serve with the cauliflower at the table. (If you don’t like it spicy, you can always leave out the hot sauce and have the dressing without.  Still very good.)

This was a delicious appetizer.  You can add it to a green salad or a main course.  We served ours as a snack with raw vegetables (carrot and celery sticks).  I asked my dear other half if he preferred it this way or roasted in the oven, and he said he would be happy to have it either way.





36 comments:

  1. Wow, you took something really healthy and made it look like tasty dessert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cauliflower is one of my favorite veggies. I love cauliflower in a cheese sauce, but haven't made that in a long while :)

      Delete
  2. I am a big cauliflower fan and that looks and sounds good. I do love the airfryer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used mine a lot since purchasing about a year ago. Thanks Sue :)

      Delete
  3. Looks delicious, thanks for sharing. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum. I've always liked deep fried cauliflower. This is a much better option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann, it is a great appetizer for cauliflower people :)

      Delete
  5. There’s a head of cauliflower in the fridge, but alas no club soda in the pantry. However, I suspect there could be a substitute and going to try cooking it in the air fryer. We have always enjoyed it roasted as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you success Dorothy, I'm sure you will come up with a good substitute :)

      Delete
  6. Not something I'd have to fix. Neither Bud nor I are cauliflower 'fans'. Good in soup tho. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about mushrooms Anni? I might try that next time :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, Anni, the more I think about it the more I would like to try that. Thanks for coming back :)

      Delete
  7. I love cauliflower, raw, steamed, any way it is cooked, even in soup, that means I would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cauliflower, but they don't love me back :-// These look really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately I don't have that problem Angie and I am sorry you do. There are other things that don't agree with me though :)

      Delete
  9. That sounds like such a great idea! My friend mentioned the benefits of an air fryer, too. I might buy one. Problem is I have so little counter space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in the same boat as regards space Gigi. Looking around now and seeing what I can do without on top of the kitchen counter :)

      Delete
  10. It looks and sounds like a good appetizer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen, it was very tasty and the dip was perfect.

      Delete
  11. Your photo sure makes me what to dip right in, Denise! I love roasted cauliflower, so I know I would enjoy your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the look of this Martha Ellen :) Thank you!

      Delete
  12. I just gave Bill the recipe (verbally) for the spicy ranch dressing so that at least one of us will remember it )). We don't have an air fryer and it's hot again here so we won't be making that appetizer right now, but the dip will be wonderful with raw veggies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That dressing would go great with raw veggies Sallie :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!