Wednesday, April 7, 2021

A POEM...

 (Photo from pixabay.com)




On the Grasshopper and the Cricket

by 

John Keats

1884


"The poetry of earth is never dead

When all the birds are faint with the hot sun,

And hide in cooling trees, a voice will run

From hedge to hedge about the new-mown mead:

That is the Grasshopper's - he takes the lead

In summer luxury - he has never done

With his delights, for when tired out with fun

He rests at ease beneath some pleasant weed.

The poetry of earth is ceasing never:

On a lone winter evening, when the frost 

Has wrought a silence, from the stove there shrills

The Cricket's song, in warmth increasing ever,

And seems to one in drowsiness half lost,

The Grasshopper's among some grassy hills."



Thanks for stopping by.

Have a great day!






31 comments:

  1. This is a lovely poem, you really know how to find them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny, I will share where I found it soon :)

      Delete
  2. That is lovely - and the dog is a heart melter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn’t have said it better and thank you :)

      Delete
  3. Hello,

    Lovely poem and the dog photo is just adorable! Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen, happy you enjoyed. You take care and enjoy your day also :)

      Delete
  4. Love the poem and that sweet photo of the dog - Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol, thank you and a Happy Wednesday to you also :)

      Delete
  5. oooooh what a sweet poem, and the puppy even sweeter, i so wonder what that puppy is thinking!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, so glad and yes I wonder what is he thinking? ;)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you Wise Hearted and welcome to my blog :)

      Delete
  7. the crickets song in the middle of the night while trapped in the house is NOT my favorite thing.. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  8. You found a most perfect image to add to this poem!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anni, the image spoke to me and I am so grateful to those photographers who make them available to us all.

      Delete
  9. A lovely poem and that dog is adorable :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is isn't he and I am happy you enjoyed the poem. Thanks Jan and all the best to you too :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!