Thursday, April 29, 2021

A WALK ON A TRAIL IN GERMANY

Yesterday I shared my Niece's photos of her pet sheep.  I will have more of them soon but today I wanted to show you a few she took on a trail near their home.

This pretty wildflower looks like Mountain wood-sorrel.  It is a shade-loving species that thrives best at higher elevations.  Other names for it include wood shamrock and white wood sorrel.  I am not 100 percent certain as I am not sure about German wildflowers.  If anyone who lives there knows its ID, I would be grateful for help.  I will also ask my Niece next time we chat.


This is wild garlic. She said they took some home and had it in a dip for dinner.  She is an excellent cook, and no doubt in my mind it was delicious.

It looks like a lovely trail and the felled tree makes for an interesting shot.

This looks like Grape hyacinth, scientific name Muscari neglectum.
The bee seems to love it!





Always interesting sights to take photos of on a walk.  With thanks again to my lovely Niece for letting me share these photos.

Thanks for looking and enjoy your day.





28 comments:

  1. Just beautiful. What a lucky person she is to have such wonderful trails close to home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you EC :). She and her husband live in the Black Forest. It is a gorgeous area!

      Delete
  2. Looks are lovely walk there in that bush. Nice to see the flowers and a bee too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret, I agree, it certainly is :)

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    It is a lovely place for a walk, I love the pretty wildflowers and the trail.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen, happy you enjoyed :) You have a great day too.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you William, my niece takes great photos :)

      Delete
  5. That looks like a serene trail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful trail walk! I love hyacinth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos, and a thank you to your niece for letting you share them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you Anne :) it looks lovely doesn’t it? :)

      Delete
  9. What a good path through the woods and then plenty of wildflowers to enjoy and wild garlic to gather. I appreciate the sharing. Thanks to your niece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She must have so much interesting nature around there! We have wood sorrel in the back yard! It has been here for over 30 years. And lots of Grape hyacinth as well, in the neighborhood.. we also have Purple Shamrocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginny and how interesting about your own natural wonders :)

      Delete
  11. Such a lovely trail and beauty your niece shared, Denise. What a lucky gal to have a great area to enjoy nearby her home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martha Ellen, I know she would agree with you :)

      Delete
  12. Fun to see the photos from across the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel that way every time I go virtual traveling :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!