Tuesday, January 19, 2021

CONTINUING A SERIES OF BIRDS ON THE OUTER BANKS FROM MY SISTER-IN-LAW

I am very grateful to Gregg's sister for letting me share these.

~American Coot~



In the long grasses a White Ibis and a Tricolored Heron, and let's not forget the ducky bums.  




Another Snowy Egret with Tundra Swans in the background, and an unidentified duck.


~Northern Shoveler~




I have no idea what this delightful little duck is called.  It is on the tip of my tongue but an extensive search of dozens of photos online has not revealed what it is. You've been so generous letting me know the ID's of these birds, so I am hoping you will be able to let me know.  Thanks so much!
Additional note: with thanks to Eileen and Ginny, I have an ID for our bird.  It is a Pied-billed Grebe.  Thank you so much Ladies, I appreciate your help very much.


Every post for the rest of this week I will be sharing more photos taken by my sister-in-law, and I would like to thank her again for letting me do that.  It has been a great pleasure to look at the birds she has been sharing.  You can click on the names to take you to more information.





36 comments:

  1. Hello, Denise

    Beautiful series of birds and photos. The Shovelers are beautiful, love their colors. I believe your unknown is the Pied-billed Grebe. They are cute. Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the ID Eileen, much appreciated. You take care and enjoy your week also :)

      Delete
  2. Could this last little bird be a Grebe? I'm loving her pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginny, you and Eileen have come up with its ID :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful images! The last one is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha :) That last one is a delight isn't it?

      Delete
  4. Feathered enchantment, one and all. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great photos! Lots of birds that we don't see here...like the Shoveler! What clear sharp pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LD, thank you and I only get to see these birds when I travel. Loved my arm-chair traveling through NC's wildlife, thanks to my sister-in-law :)

      Delete
  6. love that standing winged take off and the one with the 4 birds, one shot,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An amazing photo, so many amazing photos. Thanks Sandra :)

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous photos. Nature is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Denise! The amazing and beautiful varieties of birds (and fish too) never ceases to amaze me. It's like God decided to be His most creative with the colors and patterns and shapes and sizes. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara, yes an amazing and wonderful variety :)

      Delete
  9. Several favorites....the American Coot. the two shovelers and that last duck. We went for a drive the other day ISO any birds. We saw three in Dunkirk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, I look forward to seeing you photos :)

      Delete
  10. Your sister-in-law is a great photographer, Denise. I enjoyed seeing them very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is Martha Ellen, I have been enjoying her photos shared for some time now. So glad you enjoyed them ::)

      Delete
  11. These are lovely Denise and always pleasing to see white swans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Margaret, I so rarely get to see swans :)

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Muito obrigado e desejo o mesmo para você :)

      Delete
  13. We have been seeing a number of birds on the river below our apt, including mallards and buffleheads. They are joined by Canada geese and various gulls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dorothy, how nice you are getting to see your water birds on the river. Sounds lovely!

      Delete
  14. I thank your sister-in-law for these. I enjoyed seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your sister-in-law gets a thank-you from me, too. LOve seeing these.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!