Monday, January 4, 2021

MONDAY RECIPE POST - PARMESAN BAKED PORK CHOPS

Today's recipe came from Just A Pinch.  We both thoroughly enjoyed it, very simple and easy, and tasty. We thought the breadcrumb coating was delicious   

Parmesan Baked Pork Chops - serves 4


Preparation time: 5 minutes

Cooking time: 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven.


4 boneless pork chops, 1/2" thick

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 cup Parmesan cheese

1 cup Italian bread crumbs

1 tsp black pepper

1 tsp garlic powder


Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

Prepare a baking pan by lining with aluminum foil and coating lightly with cooking spray.

On a plate combine thoroughly Parmesan cheese, Italian breadcrumbs, black pepper and garlic powder.

Rub the pork chops with olive oil.  Dip each into the cheese/breadcrumb mixture, coating both sides and pressing the mixture over the pork chops to make sure they are well covered.

Place the pork chops on the pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.

We served this with our favorite cauliflower and mashed potato recipe which you can find here.

Also a simple green salad - your choice of greens and dressing.  I used the lemon dressing I previously posted in this recipe.   

I didn't have any Italian seasoned breadcrumbs.  Instead I used two slices of whole wheat bread (one was the crust), and made them into fine breadcrumbs using a blender.  If I had any Italian seasoning I would have added a teaspoon,  but it was still a nice flavor with only the pepper and the garlic powder.  

I used non-stick aluminum foil to line the baking dish and didn't have to use cooking spray.  

I turned the pork chop over half way through the cooking process.

If you make it I hope you will enjoy the recipe as much as we did.  It will definitely be on our rotation   


Thank you for a wonderful year of friendship, a challenging year for all of us to be sure.  

Enjoy your week and may you all see only good health and happiness in 2021. 





36 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. From our own experience, it certainly was. Thanks Ginny :)

      Delete
  2. I don't eat meat, but the coating looks nice. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you both as well, Denise, for friendship and wishing you and Gregg only good things in this new year. This menu plan looked wonderful and the cauliflower side dish may well be in one of our menus this week as I just bought one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you are going to add that to your menu Dorothy :) Wish you and Pat all the best in the new year :)

      Delete
  4. Hello, Denise

    Your pork chop looks delicious, thanks for sharing.
    Take care, stay safe! Have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Eileen, thank you and you have a safe and happy week also :)

      Delete
  5. i printed this one. this is one i can do and sounds delish

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious. Thanks for sharing, I already saved the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Maria :) so glad you like the look of it.

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous!!!!!!

    We have about given up on baking pork chops. We just never "get it right." -sigh- Suppose we should try again. -smile-

    ✨🌲🔥🌲✨

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mouth Watering...sounds good and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adding the parmesan cheese is pure genius. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pork chops look wonderful! I have a package in the freezer that I may have to use to treat my family to this yummy recipe. I usually prefer them grilled, but this looks great! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha Ellen and you are very welcome :) This is one of the best pork chop recipes I have found.

      Delete
  11. I've just been researching parmesan sautéed chicken, might adapt this to my quest

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saved this recipe. It sounds easy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Linda, happy you like it enough to try :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!