Tuesday, February 28, 2023

I NO LONGER HAVE PATIENCE...

 I read this recently and thought it interesting enough to share.  Any thoughts on this?   I am always very interested in others’ opinions.  And if you don't it is enough for you to stop by, which is always appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  

"I no longer have patience for certain things, not because I've become arrogant, but simply because I reached a point in my life where I do not want to waste more time with what displeases me or hurts me. I have no patience for cynicism, excessive criticism and demands of any nature. I lost the will to please those who do not like me, to love those who do not love me and to smile at those who do not want to smile at me.

I no longer spend a single minute on those who lie or want to manipulate. I decided not to coexist anymore with pretense, hypocrisy, dishonesty and cheap praise. I do not tolerate selective erudition nor academic arrogance. I do not adjust either to popular gossiping. I hate conflict and comparisons. I believe in a world of opposites and that's why I avoid people with rigid and inflexible personalities. In friendship I dislike the lack of loyalty and betrayal. I do not get along with those who do not know how to give a compliment or a word of encouragement. Exaggerations bore me and I have difficulty accepting those who do not like animals. And on top of everything I have no patience for anyone who does not deserve my patience."

And another shorter quote:

"Accepting to be disrespected is failing to see yourself as you are and agreeing to be who the other allows you to be."


Both quotes by

José Micard Teixeira





José Micard Teixeira was born on December 1, 1961, in Aveiro, Portugal.

He is the author of 7 books of Personal Development, Mentor and Life Coach certified by ICC - International Coaching Community.



38 comments:

  1. That's interesting what you found. To me it's called grown up, older with more wisdom, seeing through people who are not worthy of you.
    I personally never did gossip but I'll listen to it..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. I feel that we mostly learn to pick our battles as well. There is only so much time in our lives. We can only give a damn to those worth fighting for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find most times I have little patience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate to that Anni, always was known for my patience but not so sure any more :)

      Delete
  4. I'm getting like this. Life is too short. I can't fix other people's patterns. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still try to understand why people behave the way they do Linda but as you say, life is too short :)

      Delete
  5. In some ways I've gotten more patient and in others less. I think it's probably a matter of being better at picking my battles these days.
    That second quote is quite fitting for my current situation at work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see how that second quote would relate to your work Ann, and I hope that has sorted itself out for you :)

      Delete
  6. I so agree with these quotes.
    Eleanor Roosevelt said, 'No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent.' I had that up in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Denise,
    Interesting post, I agree and it fits me perfectly. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found it interesting Eileen. You take care and enjoy your day also :)

      Delete
  8. Oh yes, it's called getting older I think. You learn what's important and what isn't and you don't waste your time on the things which make you unhappy or don't have a point to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, aging has a lot to do with one's attitude and realizing what's truly important in life :)

      Delete
  9. To me this sounds like he is an arrogant person and that he is a very unhappy person. I love the girls when it came up I could hear them screaming and feel the wind blowing and feel the sunshine. None of the quote really pertains to me anymore because I don’t ever see anybody except Bob and when I’m out in publicI smile at every ready no matter if they smile or not. And I talk to people if they talk to me and that’s my only contact with the outside world

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input Sandra :) I tend to smile at people when eye contact is made. Most of the time I get a smile back. Doesn't bother me if I don't, not at this stage of life.

      Delete
  10. Timely post, Denise, as one of my goals this year was to not waste effort or time in trying to contact people who never respond in kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the way of things sometimes isn't it Dorothy? :)

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you Angie, I found this article very interesting.

      Delete
  12. Reminds me of another quote, "This is something up with which I will not put." Winston Churchill, famously.

    I think it is a sign of maturity to draw boundaries. But...don't forget to reach out sometimes and show grace. That never ends, even when we are older and wiser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good old Winnie, he has a lot of quotes I enjoy, and good advice in your second paragraph, and something I try to do. Thanks Sandi :)

      Delete
  13. Agree. I think it is actually a gift of getting older. I spent too much time pleasing and adapting to others when I was younger! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It would make the world a better place if even 10 % of these behaviors were followed. We need every bit concern for others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Red :) Sometimes there are those who need more of our understanding and compassion.

      Delete
  15. A very noble concept in the quotes. The problem is that people are not perfect and people are complex. There are very few real people that I know that would pass the test. I know that I couldn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, no one is perfect. Very good points Yogi :)

      Delete
  16. I agree with this. Life is too short for bad books or toxic relationships. Which isn't to say that I may listen to something because I know the speaker needs to unload. But there is a point... It's a mix of compassion and self preservation, moving forward. Sometimes you can't walk away. But there are many other ways in which we can make our choices and cut loose what doesn't satisfy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeanie, yes, you learn as you go along in life. I agree with your interpretation. Also, kindness is very important but so is our own mental well-being. Toxic people can be very damaging if we don't step back and look at them from an objective point of view, sometimes difficult to do :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!