Tuesday, July 12, 2022

"NO MAN EVER STEPS...

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."

~Heraclitus~



The tree stump photo I shared last week on our trip to Mason Neck State Park.  That is the Potomac River in the background.  I found the quote on a wall at the visitor center.






Heraclitus (also spelled Heracleitus), was an ancient Greek,  pro-Socratic, Ionian philosopher, c. 535 – c. 475 BC, a native of the city of Ephesus, Anatolia, which was then part of the Persian Empire and is now Selçuk, Turkey.  Little is known about his life, and the one book he apparently wrote is lost. His views survive in the short fragments quoted and attributed to him by later authors.


36 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Feliz que tenha gostado! Obrigado :) Um abraço e continuação de boa semana.

      Delete
  2. What a great quote. I have never thought of it that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither had I Ann, that's why it spoke to me enough to share :)

      Delete
  3. I love the river view and the quote. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen, happy you liked it. Have a great day also :)

      Delete
  4. That is a great quote and perfect photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the photos is gorgeous, I LOVE IT and the quote is perfect. One I have not heard before. so very true

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quote. The tree stump lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, the first thing I noticed when I saw it. Tells me there is always hope :)

      Delete
  7. I’m glad the quotation survived.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wisdom in this great quote! I need to copy this one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you liked enough to copy it Martha Ellen :) Thank you!

      Delete
  9. Fun photo to go with that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  10. An interesting quote! I was raised by the Potomac River.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful, a great place to be raised near :) Thanks Ginny!

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!