Monday, July 18, 2022

MONDAY RECIPE POST - GRILLED CILANTRO-LIME CHICKEN THIGHS


Grilled Cilantro-Lime Chicken Tights 

Servings: 4

Calories per serving: 398


I found this at All Recipes at this link.  Definitely a keeper.


½ cup chopped fresh cilantro

¼ cup olive oil

2 tablespoons lime juice

2 teaspoons ground cumin (I wasn't sure on the cumin so I only added 1 teaspoon)

1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano (regular oregano is all I have so used that.  I am curious how different in taste it would be).

Salt and ground black pepper to taste

2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken

Lime Wedges for garnish

 

Whisk cilantro, oil, lime juice, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Add thighs and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.

Preheat an outdoor grill over medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.

Cook thighs for 6 minutes. Flip and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 6 more minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). 

Serve with lime wedges if desired.


Changes made:

I roasted these in the oven on 365 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.  The last few minutes I put the broiler on to brown them a little.  I was very happy with the results.  Should have put a couple of lime wedges in these photos but I forgot.  I really did love that lime flavor, also the cilantro.  

You could use another fresh herb, as I know a lot of people find cilantro a bit soapy.  I remember years ago - going back 40 years - trying it for the first time and finding it not to our taste. Friends of ours had put it on pizza.  Neither of us enjoyed it and had always stayed away, until five years ago when I bought it by mistake and shockingly, we truly enjoyed it!  

We thought this would be an excellent picnic food as it tastes just as good when cold.  

Didn't change anything else and will look forward to it again sometime.





32 comments:

  1. Not for me, but I am glad that you enjoyed it. I really dislike cilantro (which we know as coriander) but love cummin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know you like cumin. I will add the required amount next time :) Thanks Sue :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny and we always try to make healthy meals these days :)

      Delete
  3. Chicken thighs are my favourite! Lime and cilantro together are very refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Angie, I'm glad we rediscovered cilantro and have always liked limes :)

      Delete
  4. Looks nice and sound alright Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wings!! Chicken wings. Yummy. And a great flavor combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now my husband would love those. I can see wings going on the shopping list. Thanks Anni :)

      Delete
  6. Looks delicious. I'm a big chicken eater and like it just about any way it's made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds delicious, thanks for sharing! Take care, enjoy your day and have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, and you are very welcome :) I wish you the same!

      Delete
  8. thanks for the oven info, bob used to grill several times a week, not anymore and i am afraid of the propane. the oven I can do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Sandra :) We had a charcoal grill years ago and when it fell apart we never replaced it.

      Delete
  9. Sounds like an easy recipe. I shall try it on some thighs I have in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be interested in what you think of it Gigi :)

      Delete
  10. In my college years I didn't enjoy cilantro but boy oh boy I love it now. About half my siblings like it and the other half don't. This looks very yummy. Thank you. I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Ellen, interesting about this herb isn't it, on liking or disliking:? :) I have been told by a few people that it tastes like soap. Thank you and I wish you the same.

      Delete
  11. We like chicken thighs and this recipe sounds very good.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like cilantro too, Denise. My daughter has the soap taste thing with it, though! I'm always hunting for good chicken recipes and this one looks good. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha Ellen! Glad you liked the look of this. Your daughter is where we were 40 years ago :)

      Delete
  13. this looks delicious!! i love chicken thighs and feel they are so much better than the white meat!! i am always iffy on cilantro, i like it in small doses!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, so happy you think so. We feel the same way. Cilantro in small doses is good too, like me and oregano :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!