Friday, July 1, 2022

FAVORITES FROM JUNE 2022

  Happy July everyone, Happy Fourth of July Weekend to those celebrating, and Happy Canada Day to all my Canadian friends out there!  I hope this month will be a good one for you all.

I am adding more favorites from the previous month.  I intend to do this regularly, as long as there is plenty of computer time.  I started last month at this link.  Today I am also adding a list of what and where these photos were taken.  Also another quote as you know how I enjoy those, and hoping that you will too.


"A picture is a poem without words."


Top left: Photo art of an eagle statue near the visitor center at Mason Neck State Park, Lorton, Virginia.  I enjoyed using Paint Shop Pro for this one.

Top row middle: Tree Swallow, also at Mason Neck State Park, Lorton, Virginia.

Top row right: Cat Bird in one of our trees in our back yard. 


Middle row left: Yellow Coneflower at Mason Neck State Park, Lorton, Virginia.

Middle row, in the middle: Female Eastern Cardinal, also taken in one of the trees in our back yard.

Middle row right: Siberian Lily, new to our front garden and recently planted.

Bottom row left: Female Eastern Pondhawk Dragonfly at Mason Neck State Park, Lorton, Virginia.

Bottom row middle: Red Fox surprised me on our back deck one night.

Bottom right: Black Swallowtail at Mason Neck State Park, Lorton, Virginia.








Probably not the right Horace but the only Horace I found of interest was this one.  Born Quintus Horatius Flaccus (born December 8th, 65 BC), known in the English-speaking world as "Horace", was the leading Roman lyric poet during the time of Augustus.  He was a soldier, scriba quaestorius, poet and senator.


44 comments:

  1. I easpecially love the dragonfly and fox!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were two beauties, that's for sure :) Thanks Ginny!

      Delete
  2. What a variety of lovely and interesting sights you saw in June! The mosaic is a good reminder of where you photographed each one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly did Linda :) Yes, I hope I can keep the mosaic's up, as you say, a good reminder :)

      Delete
  3. That is a beautiful record of your month. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Muito obrigado. Fico feliz que tenha gostado das minhas fotos. Um abraço e um bom fim de semana :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anne, you have a nice weekend also :)

      Delete
  6. All beautiful photos. I think the one right in the middle of the female cardinal is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea. My favorite this month, is the fox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful, I wish she had stayed longer but such a gift :) Thank you Anni!

      Delete
  8. Hello,
    Lovely mosaic and images. The quote is perfect. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a happy 4th of July weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Except the fox. He's scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandi :) I have always enjoyed them but always keep a respectful distance. And I took my photo through the glass of the patio door.

      Delete
  10. when the collage came up my eye went straight to that eagle statue. awesome shot. they are all beautiful. the quote is new to me and it is so very true. We to believe a picture is a poem without words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra, and that quote spoke to me quite loudly :)

      Delete
  11. June was quite something!
    (ツ) from Jenn Jilks , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great shots and the fox can frighten at first sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy, I should have mentioned when I saw my first raccoon nose to nose practically. I think I may have screamed, just a little :)

      Delete
  13. Hello Denise,:=) Many thanks for your visit and well wishes. I like your idea of making a mosaic, and keeping a record of where and when you saw each creature. This one is delightful. The cub fox has such a sweet face,and you captured a variety of wonderful images. The Eagle had me fooled, just for a while!:=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Breathtaking :) and thank you so much. I enjoyed my visit and look forward to coming over again. Happy you enjoyed my mosaic, and the eagle and fox :)

      Delete
  14. Like your photos and thanks for the Canada Day greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful favorites collage. Hope you and yours have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!

    ReplyDelete

  16. Birds are beautiful. I wish you and all of Canada a lot of good times;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely photos, and a great quote.
    The coneflower and cardinal are my favorites, and I would never have guessed the eagle was a statue. You've made it look so real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Great Granny G :) I'm happy you liked them, and the statue :)

      Delete
  18. Denise, I have missed visiting with you, my friend. Seeing your photos are always so special! I love each and every capture. The red fox is terrific--how exciting to have him visit you so closely! I love your quotes and this one is no exception. I'm hoping to get back in the groove soon. Happy Fourth of July to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martha Ellen, and thank you so much. Great to hear from you and I look forward to chatting again real soon :) Happy Fourth of July again :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!