Wednesday, January 18, 2023

FOR THE LOVE OF TEDDY BEARS ….



 “You really don’t have to be young to find a friend in a Teddy Bear.” 
~Rachel Newman~

 “A teddy bear is your childhood wrapped up in faded yellow fur and as such, he commands affection long after he is outgrown.” 
~Pam Brown~

 “In a world where everyone seems to be larger and louder than yourself, it is very comforting to have a small, quiet companion” 
~Peter Gray~

“A teddy bear is the kid’s first friend and the memories they make with them stays longer than their childhood.” 
~Sarvesh Jain~

“Long before I grew up, my teddy bear taught me what love really meant: being there when you are really needed.”
~Willie Nelson~

“It is astonishing, really, how many thoroughly mature, well-adjusted grown-ups harbor a Teddy Bear – which is perhaps why they are thoroughly mature and well-adjusted.” 
~Joseph Lempa~

“It's hard to visualize the toys you had fifty years ago - all save bear. He's as clear as if he were sitting on the desk in front of you...of course...he probably is.”

~Pam Brown~


“May the warmth of love always be with you and here I am sharing my teddy bears to keep you warm.”
~Author Unknown~

A few poems for Teddy Bear lovers can be found at this link.

Here is a small part of my teddy collection.  I am in the process of cleaning them, and they will be put away in their storage box until next December.  Each Teddy reminds me of someone in my life. I have been gifted many by very special people, and each one brings back a memory of that loved one.  Others my dear other half gave me when we were traveling.  I have always had a love for Teddy Bears since I was a baby, which I have mentioned many times before.  I haven't added to my bear family for a long time now, but those I have are treasured.  In this sense they help me keep in touch with my inner child, and I feel that is an important thing to do.




 

36 comments:

  1. I have my early bears too. I cherish them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these quotes make me so fond of teddy bears now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great teddy bear collection. Even more special that each one reminds you of someone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We also have treasured teddy bears (in addition to frogs & penguins). Some are stored with the Christmas decos. Others are on display year round and are indeed a comfort, just as yours are for you, Denise. Most of ours were gifts to ourselves too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those gifts to yourselves have special meanings also Dorothy :) Thank you, sounds like you have a lovely collection.

      Delete
  5. I love a good Teddy bear...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna! Thank you, it is lovely meeting another teddy bear lover, hugs :)

      Delete
  6. Hello,
    I love your Teddy bear collection and all the quotes! Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen, so glad :) You take care and have a great day, weekend also :)

      Delete
  7. I did not remember that you collect teddy bears, these are so cute and cozy looking. Our police officers carry teddy bears in their cars to comfort people when needed. I had a few when growing up, but my bed was covered in dolls of every sort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is sweet to know about the teddy bears carried in police cars. My sister loved her dolls :)

      Delete
  8. You have a sweet collection of teddy bears. I have quite a few myself and each one holds a special memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda :) so nice to read you had your own.

      Delete
  9. you are so sweet, they are so sweet...i am not surprised you are drawn to them!! you have a cute collection, i have beanie babies, only bears!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie, yep, like a moth to the flame :0 I have a few beanie babies too :)

      Delete
  10. Your collection is dear; and I like how you put pine cones in front of them. I love the quotes and agree with everything you say. For me, it was a pink bunny. Wish I had him now!! Making your soup for dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginny :) so glad you enjoyed :) I like the sound of your pink bunny. How did that soup go? Hope you enjoyed that soup!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. I think we ought to find out your address and all send you a teddy bear Red...just kidding...or maybe not, lol!

      Delete
  12. I love teddies and these are darling. I have a small collection and always love seeing others' gang!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed them Jeanie :) I feel the same way!

      Delete
  13. Aww what a lovely collection of teddy bears :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!