Monday, January 9, 2023

MONDAY RECIPE POST - SOY GLAZED SALMON (BAKED IN THE OVEN) - SERVES 4


I haven't shared a salmon dish lately, but I put it on the shopping list.  I found the recipe at Rasa Malaysia and when I read the ingredients, I had most everything.  I would like to thank Rasa who has a lot of good tips, also good advice on buying salmon. Very interesting and I learned a lot.  You can find her recipe here.


Soy Glazed Salmon - serves 4

1 1/2 lbs. (0.6 kg) salmon fillet

1 tablespoon soy sauce

1 tablespoon oyster sauce

1 tablespoon brown sugar

1 teaspoon sesame oil

1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes


For garnish:

White sesame seeds

Chopped parsley


Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). 

Rinse the salmon with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. 

Cut the salmon into two pieces if they are too big. 

Transfer the salmon fillets (skin side down) on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. 

Combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and red pepper flakes together. Stir to mix well. 

Brush the soy sauce mixture on the surface of the salmon fillets. 

Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through. 

Top the salmon with white sesame and parsley, serve immediately. 

The only thing I changed was the garnish, which you can see in my first photo.  The second photo doesn't have it.  Before eating I sprinkled chopped green onions over the top, and a dash or two of red pepper flakes.  Next time I will try the parsley and sesame seeds.

It was very enjoyable and will definitely be making this again.

Thanks so much for looking, enjoy the rest of the week, and Bon Appétit!







36 comments:

  1. Glad that you enjoyed it. It looks a relatively simple recipe too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO easy, and I bet it tastes wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore anything salmon!! Just the other evening, out to dinner, I ordered margarita grilled salmon....yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy it also, your margarita grilled salmon sounded wonderful Anni :)

      Delete
  4. I am doing keto diet. This recipe looks great for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, I have heard a lot of good things about that keto diet. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. I love salmon! This looks very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, that looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,
    The salmon recipe sounds delicious, thanks for sharing.
    Take care, have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Eileen :) you are very welcome and I wish you the same :)

      Delete
  8. Salmon is on a dinner menu here this week and always looking for new ways to prepare it and easy ones too, thanks Denise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way Dorothy, always interested in some new way of cooking :)

      Delete

  9. Nie jem ryb ale mój mąż bardzo lubi ryby i lubi gotować . Pokazałam mu ten przepis i powiedział, że zrobi takie danie z łososia. Dziękuję , wspaniałego tygodnia 😊🐟

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jem łososia, ale mój mąż go nie lubi. Zje inne ryby, takie jak dorsz i halibut. Mam nadzieję, że Twojemu mężowi spodoba się ten przepis. Cieszę się, że spróbuje. bardzo dziekuje ze mi powiedziales :)

      Delete
  10. I love salmon! And just added Oyster Sauce to my weekly grocery list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Sallie, hope you will enjoy it :)

      Delete
  11. My recipe for salmon is very similar and it is delicious. Have a good day, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful, thanks Diane and you have a good day also :)

      Delete
  12. i always love your recipe shares and this looks wonderful if you like salmon. it is the fish of the century and i have tried it so many time, but, i just don't care for it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made my day telling me that Debbie. Thank you so much! I know, I realize not everyone likes salmon. You and my dear hubby have that in common but as I have said many times before, it would be a boring old world if we all enjoyed the same thing :)

      Delete
  13. Looks easy and healthy! Bon Appetit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not much of a fish lover, but this looks good, and fish is so healthy to eat. I usually just eat lobster, crab, and shrimp. ; )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yum, I like all those you mentioned Sheri :) Thank you!

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!