Monday, June 21, 2021

MONDAY RECIPE POST - SPICY SHRIMP RAMEN BOWLS - SERVES 4

My recipe today came from Butter Your Biscuits hosted by Wendie.  You can see her original recipe here.  I would like to thank Wendie for this delicious recipe.   There are a lot of great recipes on her blog.


Spicy Shrimp Ramen Bowls

Servings: 4 

Calories per serving: approximately 555 

3 packages ramen noodles (throw out the seasoning packet)

1-1/2 pounds medium-large shrimp peeled and deveined

6 cups chicken, vegetable or seafood stock

2 tablespoons olive oil

1-2 tablespoons Sriracha, depending on your heat level

3 tablespoons soy sauce, or tamari if gluten sensitive

3 cloves garlic minced

1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger

1-1/2 tablespoons brown sugar

2 cups shredded green cabbage

3/4 cup carrots thinly sliced

3/4 cup sweet peppers thinly sliced

1/2 cup onion thinly sliced

Juice of 1 lime

Cilantro


In a skillet on medium heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil. 

Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until firm and pink. 

Set aside

In a large pot on medium-high heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil. 

Add carrots, onions, cabbage and peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes add garlic and ginger cook another minute.

Add stock, soy sauce (or tamari if using), brown sugar, lime juice, and sriracha mix until combined. 

Bring to a rapid boil then reduce heat to medium and let simmer for 8 minutes.

Add the dry ramen noodles to the broth and cook for another 2-3 minutes. 

Remove from heat and serve into bowls, add in shrimp and garnish with cilantro.


Wendie's notes: 

She says if you don't plan on eating this right away, make the ramen noodles separately, then add them to the pot before serving. The noodles soak up the broth and become more soggy if they sit for a long time.


The one change I made was using beef and vegetable broth, because I didn't have enough of each when I checked in the pantry.  The broth was very tasty.

This would be easy to make into a vegan meal by leaving out the shrimp and the beef broth, and using the vegetable.  I would like to do this and add tofu next time.

I added several dashes of Sriracha  to my bowl at the table.  

Also we thought sliced green onions would be nice.

We will look forward to making this again.


Thanks for looking and have a great week.




34 comments:

  1. You are right. It would go very very with tofu. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Sue, I am looking forward to trying the tofu :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Obrigada :) Um abraço e uma boa semana contínua.

      Delete
  3. I've not had an appetite for a week, but this could be done with any noodle, couldn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn, I do hope your appetite returns. Yes, I would try any noodle with this recipe :)

      Delete
  4. Yum! I wish it wasn't so hot here, I could go for a nice bowl of that! Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, and it's been in the 90s here Martha :) Normally I don't cook soup around this time.

      Delete
  5. What a super delicious look. I love shrimp meals.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Have a nice week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Maria, thank you. You have a nice week also :)

      Delete
  6. shrimp is my favortie of all seafood and would never think of the noodles with shrimp. sounds good to me

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks just delicious. I adore shrimp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shrimp is a favorite and your recipe would suit us! Thank you, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, and thank you Martha Ellen :)

      Delete
  9. I love Thai flavors especially when they are simplified like this is! Yum. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many thanks for sharing the recipe.
    Enjoy the week ahead.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Jan :) Thank you! I wish you the same.

      Delete
  11. Looks auite tasty, Denise, except I would skip the srarachi sauce for myself😋

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. I know William but there will be one next week with no seafood in sight :)

      Delete
  13. My mom and brother say thank you for this one!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy your mom and brother like it. Thanks MLC and big hugs from me too xo :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!