Monday, February 1, 2021

MONDAY RECIPE POST - PESTO SHRIMP MUSHROOM PASTA

It has been snowing all day today (yesterday now I guess), but I don't think we have had as much as many of you in other areas.  

Gregg shoveled the snow away on the path up to the front door, and was getting ready to do the driveway. A man driving a small snow plow clearing the streets in our neighborhood, yelled over and asked if he would like him to do it for him.  He was happy for the offer and appreciated the help very much.  

It snowed for most of the day but it was a very light snow, almost like a sleet.  We are supposed to get more but I don't think it will be much.


So there it is, that's our weather for the next week.

Today's recipe came from Julie's Album and you can see the original recipe at this link.  Thank you Julie.  She describes it as a summer recipe but I can enjoy a plate of this right now.


Pesto Shrimp Mushroom Pasta

4 servings – at 519 calories per serving

Preparation time: 10 minutes

Cooking time: 20 minutes

Total time: 30 minutes

 

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 pound shrimp large, peeled, deveined

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes

1 tablespoon olive oil

8 ounces white mushrooms sliced

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup basil pesto

1/2 cup chicken broth

8 oz spiral pasta

chopped fresh basil

 

Heat large skillet on medium-high heat.  When hot carefully add the olive oil. 

Add shrimp. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes. 

Cook for about 3 minutes, turning once midway, until shrimp is pink and cooked through. 

Remove shrimp from the skillet.

Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the now empty skillet. 

Add sliced mushrooms. 

Season mushrooms with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until mushrooms are soft and have reduced in volume, about a minute or two.  

Add the cooked shrimp back to the skillet, along with 1/2 cup basil pesto and 1/2 cup chicken broth. 

On medium heat, mix everything to combine and remove from the heat. 

Cook pasta according to package instructions. 

Drain. 

Add to the shrimp with sauce. 

Top with chopped fresh basil and serve.


We enjoyed the recipe and didn't change anything on this one.

Thanks for looking an enjoy your week.

 



36 comments:

  1. Pesto is a very versatile (and delicious) flavouring isn't it.
    Stay warm, stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! We got the same snow, because we don't live that far from you! Supposed to snow a bit tomorrow as well. Lots of accidents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny :) I hope everyone will be okay.

      Delete
  3. my mouth is watering, have not had breakfast yet. that is so good of your neigbor to help. we would be up the creek without a paddle, if we had snow..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy this appeals to you :) Yes it was and so nice to have good people out there.

      Delete

  4. For a winter day, it's best to eat something delicious. We also have cold and snow. Have a nice week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you :) Wishing you a nice week also.

      Delete
  5. Your pesto shrimp dish looks yummy! Stay in and eat good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, we certainly will. Glad you liked the look of this recipe :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Me too! Haven't had any since I cooked this dish. It's time for more shrimp :)

      Delete
  7. Here the weather is much milder, the temperature is around 14ºF and with little rain.
    Your pesto looks super delicious.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cold Maria! Thank you and stay warm :)

      Delete
  8. There is snow on the volcanoes but none where I live. That looks like a very good recipe and I shall follow it sometime in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember going up there. It would be interesting to see snow. I hope you enjoy this dish when you make it :)

      Delete
  9. Looks delicious. The snowy landscape is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne, and the snow is very pretty when I don't have to go anywhere :)

      Delete
  10. Love Pesto and this sounds good. It just keeps raining here, floods where I havenever seen them before! Stay safe and keep well, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane! Stay safe and well over your way also :)

      Delete
  11. Denise, I make a shrimp pesto dish very similar to your recipe and it's one of my husband's favorite. I often make it on our "date nights." I grew a lot of basil this summer and made pesto and have it in the freezer for times when I need a quick meal. We got 4-5 inches of snow and then the sleet happened in the afternoon. My husband and grandson didn't even shovel as we aren't going anywhere. My grandson did drive his car up and down the driveway to make a path. Stay warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martha Ellen, I love shrimp pesto! A 'date night' sounds wonderful :) I must grow some basil too, especially if it can be frozen. I have already frozen dill and cilantro but I bought those from the store. So nice of your grandson to help out. We had more snow here, sounds very much like you.

      Delete
  12. How nice that that offer for plowing the drive came about. So great! That food looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum, I would enjoy this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't that sweet! It looks yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn, yes very sweet. Glad you liked the look of this dish :)

      Delete
  15. Pesto will give it a great taste.
    Many thanks for sharing the recipe.

    Happy February Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan, you are very welcome and A Happy February to you also :)

      Delete
  16. I imagine one could substitute a different meat for the shrimp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, It would be very easy to substitute something else.

      Delete
  17. Hello,
    The shrimp pasta looks delicious! Your neighbor was nice to help shovel. Take care, have a great day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, we were very grateful to that man for the help. You take care also and have a great weekend :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!