Friday, February 12, 2021

MONDAY RECIPE POST - LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP AND TZATZIKI

I accidentally posted this today instead of 10 days from now.   As you lovely people have already seen it and commented, I didn’t want to take it back.  There will be the usual recipe on Monday also.  

We haven't had any shrimp for a while and put them on the last shopping list.  I went looking for a simple recipe and found it at Cafe Delites hosted by Karina.  I always advise looking at the original recipe which you can find here.  Her photos are wonderful, and also there are many other recipes you can enjoy. I look forward to trying those some time.


Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp - serves 4

Karina suggested buying shrimp (or prawns) already deveined, shelled and cleaned, which makes this an even easier recipe. 

This is a very fast meal, ready to serve in 10 minutes. 


1/3 cup butter, divided

4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon)

1-3/4 pounds (800g) shrimp (or prawns), peeled and deveined with tails still on

Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Juice of half a lemon (about 2 tablespoons - add more if you like)

2 tablespoons water

Fresh chopped parsley for garnish


Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (about 1 minute).

Fry the shrimp and add salt and pepper to taste.  

Cook 2 minutes on one side, while stirring occasionally.  Flip and cook 2 minutes on the other side until just beginning to turn pink.

Add in the remaining butter, lemon juice and water.  Cook, while stirring, until the butter melts and the shrimp have cooked through (try not to overcook them).  

Take off the heat.  Taste and add more lemon juice, salt or pepper if needed.

Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, and serve over rice or pasta.


This is one of our favorite shrimp dishes.  Very fast and simple.  We served it with Jasmine Rice, Tzatziki with extra slices of cucumber and sweet red pepper for dipping, and we added extra parsley and grape tomatoes for garnish.

We coordinated these extra dishes to serve up at the same time.  

We did not do the overnight thing with the cucumber.  I found the recipe not too long before the shrimp one.  We just blotted the cucumber thoroughly and mixed it all up to serve not too long after.  Next time we will prepare the night before.  That would make this meal even easier.



Here is the recipe used for the Tzatziki.  I found it here at The Wanderlust Kitchen hosted by Linda.  Delicious!   Her recipes are also excellent and I will be going back.


1/2 of a large cucumber, unpeeled (I used a hot house cucumber, the kind without seeds)

1-1/2 cups plain full-fat Greek yogurt

2 cloves garlic, finely minced

1 tablespoon white vinegar

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon minced fresh dill


Grate the cucumber and drain through a fine mesh sieve overnight in the fridge.

Combine the yogurt, garlic, oil, vinegar and salt in a large bowl.  Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Transfer the grated cucumber and fresh dill to the yogurt mixture and stir to combine.  

Serve chilled with pita bread for dipping (which would have been great if we had had any pita bread, which we did not.  We just used extra sliced cucumber and sliced sweet red pepper).  


I would like to thank both Karina (shrimp dish) and Linda (Tzatziki) for giving us a delicious meal.  We enjoyed both very much.  


Thanks for looking, enjoy your day and...





40 comments:

  1. As I don't go for seafood, I'd pass on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plating is beautiful! Too pretty to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks WONDERFUL and of course, anything with garlic is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lemon, garlic and butter is a match made in heaven isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious. I'm a great fan of seafood dishes.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete

  6. It looks delicious. Thank you for the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Obrigado, que bom que gostou disso. Um abraço e um bom fim de semana continuado para vocês :)

      Delete
  8. It looks delicious, thanks for sharing Denise :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your recipe for shrimp is really easy. I usually stir fry mine in oil and seasoning with a little garlic-chili sauce for that extra oomph. I also add zucchini and onions to the wok with the shrimp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gigi and yours sounds delicious! I will have to do that next time as we enjoy garlic chili sauce very much.

      Delete
  10. You have created quite a collection of good recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cloudia, whatever enjoyed is shared :)

      Delete
  11. This looks delicious :)

    Happy Weekend Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan and a Happy Weekend to you also :)

      Delete
  12. We love shrimp at our home, Denise! I buy the frozen, peeled and deveined shrimp and keep it in the freezer. Thank you for a lovely recipe and great side dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will be buying frozen shrimp next time Martha Ellen. Thanks for the idea :)

      Delete
  13. ooooh this looks and sounds so good!! we love shrimp, i make a similar dish and serve it over pasta!! we call those seedless cucumbers, english cucumbers, they are my favorite and i have been having trouble getting them!!

    have a great sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great Debbie. This would go well with pasta. I know these cukes as English Cucumbers also. In fact I grew up with them in the UK where we just referred to them as cucumbers. I didn’t see the other type until I came to the States. Another favorite of mine with cucumbers is to peel and slice them very thinly and make a sandwich with cream cheese. Love that!

      Delete
  14. Hello Denise,
    Sounds like a delicious recipe, I love shrimp too. Happy Valentine's Day!
    Take care, enjoy your day! Have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to try this shrimp recipe - everything looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your rice is a perfect little half sphere!

    This looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came out quite well Sandi, I molded it into one of the measuring cups that I have. Thanks so much :)

      Delete
  17. Denise, we send our good wishes for a Happy Hearts Day to you and Gregg. We also enjoy shrimp and this recipe looks not only delicious but simple is always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dorothy, and we send ours to you also. Glad you enjoyed the look of this meal and yes it certainly is always a good thing :)

      Delete
  18. Recipe heaven as I catch up with you today! Thanks for these (I have the shrimp one, or very similar, but it’s a great reminder and the um cucumber dip (I know what it is, just can’t spell it) is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! So glad Sallie :) and you are very welcome.

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!