Wednesday, June 24, 2020

JOIN ME FOR A CUPPA!

I have been having fun with tea while I sip my own.  The picture below is from Pinterest, and the rest I found on Pixabay.  The poems and quotes I have had in my collection for a long time, as I enjoy reading them.
“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” 
~C.S. Lewis~
“Wouldn’t it be dreadful to live in a country where they didn’t have tea?” 
~Noel Coward~
“What better way to suggest friendliness and to create it than with a cup of tea?” 
~J. Grayson Luttrell~
“My dear, if you could give me a cup of tea to clear my muddle of a head I should better understand your affairs.” 
~Charles Dickens~
“I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea.” 
~Lu Tong~
“Ecstasy is a glass of tea and a piece of sugar in the mouth.” 
~Alexander Pushkin~
"It seems in some cases kind nature hath planned that names with their callings agree, for Twining the tea-man that lives in the Strand, would be “wining” deprived of his T." 
 ~Theodore Hook~
"We had a kettle, we let it leak:
Our repairing made it worse.
We haven't had any tea for a week....
The bottom is out of our universe."
~Rudyard Kipling~
"When the world is all at odds
And the mind is all at sea,
Then cease the useless tedium  
And brew up a cup of tea.
There is magic in its fragrance,
There is solace in its taste,
And the laden moments vanish
Somehow into space.
The world becomes a lovely thing,
There's beauty as you'll see,
All because you briefly stopped
To brew a cup of tea."
~Author Unknown~

"Remember the tea kettle, it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it still sings!"
~Author Unknown~
"Willing friends who love to sit and share
Grateful hearts in each friend who cares
A beautiful garden to sit in and enjoy
Memories of times shared throughout the years
Lots of smiles and laughter to brighten up a day
While passing on a kindness along life’s highway.
And a few friends to share a special cup of tea
Truly makes this a perfect recipe."    
~Anonymous~
"Teatime is a chance to slow down, pull back and appreciate our surroundings."
~Leticia Baldridge~

"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as Afternoon Tea."
~Henry James~
from 
The Portrait of a Lady

I hope you have enjoyed our cup of tea together.  Mine is calling and I must go. 

Enjoy your day my friends, and thanks 
for stopping by.









33 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the wisdom of so many tea lovers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love so many of these. The first one is, I believe, a take on the famous quote "The sea is calling and I must go". But you knew that, now you know that I know! I WANT the yellow and pale teal tea set, it is beautiful! And the teapot that looks like a stove is adorable!! I am going to look for it on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad Ginny and thank you :) They are lovely aren't they?

      Delete
  3. Love my cuppa.
    These are wonderful - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Margaret, and thank you :)

      Delete
  4. Hello, I love all the images and tea quotes. What a fun post and cute images. Enjoy your cuppa of tea! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen, glad you enjoyed and you have a great day also :)

      Delete
  5. I only drink tea when I don't feel good like with an upset stomach. I used to drink sweet iced tea because that's all the people in the South drink but nothing like the tea you sipped. But I do understand what you mean because I feel that way about coffee and hot chocolate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubs loves his iced tea, me not so much as I prefer hot tea in any kind of weather. Ah now, I like coffee and hot chocolate also :) Thanks Sandra :)

      Delete
  6. I like the comments on tea. I drink tea two times a day but I just drink it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Red, I like a cup of coffee in the morning and my tea later on in the day :)

      Delete
  7. I love looking at tea cups and tea pots. So beautifully made. But, since I don't like caffeine, I don't drink tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gigi, I enjoy looking at them also :)

      Delete
  8. These are ALL rather good (and some fun).

    I think my favorite is Rudyard Kipling

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great collection of tea lovelies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed having tea with you, Denise. I have my Earl Grey beside me now. Lovely quotes about my favorite beverage. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad Martha Ellen, and it is very nice to know your cup of tea :)

      Delete
  11. Oh, I did enjoy all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha … you’ve covered it all here. In a world filled to the brim with coffee, tea brews its own special blend of soothing magic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh denise, this is wonderful...i am a tea lover and i cannot lie!!!

    i think that last one was a favorite, and i really liked the "toast holder", that would keep it from getting soggy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debbie, that is good to hear :) I liked that last one too!

      Delete
  14. Wonderful informative tea post, off to read the history

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the Noel Coward quote and can hear him saying it in his clipped English accent. I take packets of tea to Italy. The Italians make excellent coffee, but the type of tea you can get there makes a weak cuppa. I've enjoyed the posters and quotes and talking about tea with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, and I remember his accent too. I saw him in the old movies on TV a lot when I was growing up in the UK. Also, my parents filled a small suitcase with their favorite tea when they visited. They replaced it with all kinds of gifts and souvenirs for family and friends when they went back :)

      Delete
  16. I just love my tea, I loved this post, thank you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too and I am so glad :) All the best to you too.

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!