has one of the sweetest faces ever.
For my Friday Five I thought I would choose the following quotes.
1) "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog."
2) "Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring - it was peace."
3) "I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better."
~George Bird Evans, "Troubles with Bird Dogs"~
4) "You may have a dog that won't sit up, roll over or even cook breakfast, not because she's too stupid to learn how but because she's too smart to bother."
~Rick Horowitze, Chicago Tribune~
5) "He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds. He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea. He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being; by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.) When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive. When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile. When I am happy, he is joy unbounded. When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags. Without him I am only another man. With him, I am all-powerful. He is loyalty itself. He has taught me the meaning of devotion. With him I know a secret comfort and a private peace. He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant. His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things. He has promised to wait for me....whenever....wherever - in case I need him. And I expect I will - as I always have. He is just my dog."
I am linking with the following memes as they become available, with my thanks to all our hosts. Please click on their names to visit other participants.