Saturday, August 29, 2026

SATURDAY MORNING AT THE BIRD-FEEDER/BIRD BATH

 As the tale continues, the goldfinch is a bit lonely, but at least he has the company of the water nymph and the copper bugs and turtle...  


...and the American Robin turned up later


He was a bit fussy though. They had to remind him that it's still too early for she of the house to put birdseed out. There is still a lot of natural food left everywhere, and the worms are plentiful. They had to remind Robin everyone was trying to stay fit and healthy, and that he ought to get some exercise by digging for them himself. She of the house would help but she's got a thing about touching worms.


You can't please everyone. Even the water nymph looked a bit exasperated with Robin.

And that's how it goes on a Saturday Morning near the empty bird feeder.

Thanks for looking at another tale of whimsy.
Have a great weekend and I hope all is going well in your part of the world.







For our overseas friends to translate the photos above.


Photo 1:

"I don't think anyone if going to come until she of the house starts feeding the birds again."


Photo 2:

"I am an introvert and I am happy with that."

"Me too, I have seen how crowded those pools can be."

"She's resorted to telling jokes again."

"Oh boy!"


Photo 3:

"I hear you have worms."


Photo 4:

"Five-star bird bath but I am deducting one star for the lack of worms."





42 comments:

  1. The birds are beautiful! And the nymph is the coolest! I love the brass dragonfly, turtle and frog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ginny, happy you enjoyed them. Thanks so much for:)

      Delete
  2. Those are two such lovely birds at your birdbath!
    Your little story about them is sweet!
    Have a wonderful Saturday ,hugs Elke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elke, so glad you found them so :) You have a wonderful Saturday also, hugs, Denise

      Delete
  3. The Robin wasn't too keen on finding worms for himself or the others. Good Denise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but he did so eventually, begrudgingly :) Thanks Margaret :)

      Delete
  4. Nice to see the birds showing up at the birdbath. Robin does seem a bit miffed though about the snack bar being closed down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin is always miffed about that snack bar, says I smiling :)

      Delete
  5. I am thinking that I haven’t seen any robins for awhile. I probably have just missed them because I wouldn’t think they’d have left yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John :) They are a little more scarce than usual it seems. Maybe they are flying south earlier because we are going to have a hard winter. I read that recently. I sincerely hope that's wrong.

      Delete
  6. I had a goldfinch on my birdbath yesterday. I still have birdseed available to birds, but I am thinking of doing g without for a while. Maybe the yellow jackets will go awa…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! I am always happy to hear you have had your bird visitors too Linda. Sounds wise to stop feeding them for a while if it will get rid of those yellow jackets :)

      Delete
  7. Both are really beautiful! We are actually not supposed to feed birds here, though some people still do..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting Angie. There are places, more of a commercial nature or restaurants, for example, where we are asked not to feed the birds. Nothing about feeding in our own backyards though, unless there's a bear making its way through and they advise against it :)

      Delete
  8. Denise I love what your Mind's eye sees
    water nymph and the copper bugs and turtle...
    Hugs
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cecilia, I have been watching that waterspout now for ages, and it takes on some interesting shapes. The little copper animal/insect figures I put in the water, they take on a life of their own :))) Hugs, Denise

      Delete
  9. Lovely goldfinch and robin! Honestly, fresh water is more important than birdseed in the summer. Good for you for providing it! Having said that, you know we put out both too! Love the birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree Kay and thank you very much for the pat on the back. And good for you! Here's a pat on the back for you too :)

      Delete
    2. Hey! It said this comment didn't come through to you, so if you saw a 2nd one, you know why! LOL!

      Delete
    3. Cyber gremlins at it again Kay :) I sometimes see these double comments and for a while, not any more thankfully, my answering comment remained but the blogging friend’s comment disappeared. I am keeping my fingers crossed that will never happen again. It was a couple of years back this kept happening.

      Delete
  10. You are going to be overrun with birds when you do put the seed out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My bird baths don't come close to yours in clean! Those birds don't understand how lucky they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra, and I expect it won't look as clean when they start coming back after I put those bird feeders out :)

      Delete
  12. I so enjoy your whimsical tales.
    Happy Saturday Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me very happy Jan, thank you very much. Happy Saturday Wishes to you too, and all the best :) Denise

      Delete
  13. Todos van a visitarlo, para que no se sienta solo.
    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Es un buen consejo :) Muchas gracias. ¡Saludos!

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen and a Happy Saturday to you also :)

      Delete
  15. Well it is getting close to putting that bird feeder out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A tale of whimsy....just what I needed today! I'm going to hang out there when I come to visit and talk with the birds...or turtles! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it fit the bill Diane, you gave me a big smile. You're welcome any time my friend. Sweet hugs to you too :)

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. Aprecio tu dulce comentario, muchas gracias :) Te mando un beso.

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. That makes me happy, thank you Diane, so kind of you :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I will not be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!