Friday, August 7, 2026

NEXT CAME THE DOGS...

After our very nice conversation with the lovely couple we met at the garden, we kept bumping into dogs. The top two were together on the same leash. Owners initiated conversations after we smiled at their dogs as we stopped for them to walk by.

 Dogs being what they are, all good naturedly walked up to us and wanted a fuss. Owners trying to keep them away until we told them we were dog lovers and didn't mind at all.


This little lady was the friendliest and I absolutely loved her. There were three of them with a young man whom I thought might have been with his mother. This little girl ran over and greeted me like an old friend and she was, sort of.


When the young man told me their names, the brain cells fired. Meet Oreo, what a little darling she is. We met her and her two children Apple and Linguini, and her nice human, last year in September. With Oreo making a beeline to me this time, later I wondered if she had remembered the fuss I gave her last year? A bit fanciful I suppose, and not sure but this lovely thought cheered me. 

Gregg always says I have a memory like a laser, but things only clicked when I was told their names - we have met a LOT of dogs on our walks since, many of them Boston Terriers.  But the more Oreo and I had a back and forth 'talking' session, the clearer that other day became. As soon as we got home, I looked on here and you can see that other meeting at this link. You will have to scroll down a bit.

I could have tapped myself on the head for not getting photos of Apple and Linguini, but her mother was getting all the fussing today.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!





3 comments:

  1. It is nice they were all so friendly and wanted attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos of the dogs, and they never forget Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was nice that all the dogs were so friendly.
    That's sweet—the female dog surely recognized you by your voice, or perhaps by your scent!
    Good day, hugs Elke

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I will not be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!