Sunday: 8-9-16 - 2.23 p.m. I thought I would jot a few things down. I slept late as my owl personality gave me a sleepless night. The dear picked up a coffee for me - venti hot no foam vanilla latte. My weekly treat, plus a doughnut from the supermarket next door for both of us. I usually get a sugar glazed sour cream doughnut but they were sold out. We both had a powdered strawberry jam-filled and I wasn’t moaning. If you have a doughnut, what is your favorite?
He met new neighbors, a young couple and their little boy, and their pretty dog. They were walking around the neighborhood. He was out watering the garden. Nice, friendly people who shouted hello from across the road and walked on over, happily introducing themselves. Retirees sold their home and this couple bought it. They are the third new home owners near us, the others having retired too. The new cycle is starting. We have been wondering about downsizing, thinking about somewhere on one level. Nothing serious, just thinking out loud but will probably address the thought again in a year or so.
It has been too hot for me to do any weeding. Need to get out there soon.
A treat this morning was a goldfinch landing on the bird bath. Hurray to that! No photo but when I check my app, hopefully he will be on it. A Carolina Wren who did not go anywhere near, landed on the arm of one of our outdoor chairs. By the time I got my camera positioned, he flew away. I need the patience of a saint! Fortunately, he came back and rested on the top of the bench table for a while, where I happily took lots of photos. In this one I noticed he had a cobweb caught on the end of its tail. I can barely make it out.
It's a bright sunny day - current temperature at 2.25 p.m. - 90 degrees F. (32 degrees C.)







We share the same strange sleep pattern.
ReplyDeleteI do see a thin thread of spider silk on his tail! Wonder if he was using spider webs to line the nest? You have a two story house? I have not been able to do any steps in years. The cloud is frightening!!
ReplyDeleteThose mushroom are rather clean on top and look good.
ReplyDeleteAlways a good idea to think ahead regarding a flat block/house, ours in like that to a degree with just 5 steps to the front door and a very small ramp at the back door.
Those skies look amazing.
I'm sorry to hear you didn't sleep well at all. I'm very lucky, I sleep like a log.
It’s lovely to see the wren at your place—and we don't eat donuts!
ReplyDeleteThose are beautiful black-and-white photos. Good neighbors are such a wonderful thing... we moved two years ago too, because of the stairs, and I’m glad to be living on the ground floor now. As for sleep—oh yes, that’s a struggle for us too; we’re up at 5 or usually 6 a.m. Oh, how I wish we could sleep in a bit longer.
What a dramatic photo of the clouds! And those mushrooms look so cute.
It’s getting cooler where you are, while it’s getting hotter here...
Have a great day. Hugs, Elke
Enjoyed all the pictures. Same thing happened in my neighborhood.peeople retired, moved and younger couples moved in. My neighborhood is not very friendly now though. Everyone keeps to themselves
ReplyDelete