Wednesday, July 22, 2026

HE FOUND IT!

 

Not so many birds have been around yet for this new bird bath. There is one male Goldfinch who pops up every now and again. This little guy arrived before a thunderstorm last night and it rained buckets. I said I think he needs a tiny stepladder and asked Gregg if he could make one to help. I got an affirmative “no!” Oh well! Yes I was joking I told him but I don’t think he quite believed me. I am looking around for a ground bird bath. The other one cracked. Gregg knows I can squirrel speak. He told me to tell squirrel to go to the creek which is on the other side of the trees. Harsh! Grin….


Enjoy your day friends and 

thanks for stopping by.







54 comments:

  1. You were so much in the right place at the right time!! A pic of him first discovering it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a camera on the birdbath Ginny. For me this has been a watched pot never boils, so when he popped up I was delighted :)

      Delete
  2. That’s just how men are, dear Denise—haha, mine is no different. How cute it is the way the squirrel is looking at the new one. Maybe the birds just need to get used to it first!
    Hugs, Elke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the smile Elke :) We noticed our whole neighborhood seems to be very quiet with not too much activity. Maybe it is the heat? Hugs, Denise

      Delete
  3. how cute, I have a birdbath which is raised and concrete, algae was forming too often. I read a piece of copper placed in the water keeps the algae from growing, so far so good. I also have placed a piece of copper in my 'on the ground' critter waterers too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the copper idea Linda. I will try that.

      Delete
  4. Too bad it isn’t being used more because it is such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is but am hoping it is just a matter of time :)

      Delete
  5. He looks so cute peeking over the edge of the birdbath. I definitely think he needs a ladder....lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are getting visitors faster than I did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That photo is a gem! Ha! Those squirrels always find a way. Have a beautiful day, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too Ellen and they certainly do! You have a beautiful day too :)

      Delete
  8. Cute photo of the squirrel, nice bird bath! Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm - I am wondering if squirrels and birds mix. But I bet it would be so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagination is a fine thing, in my world they do, lol!

      Delete
  10. oooooh denise, i am sorry to say "i do not believe you either!! hehehehehe, you are just too kind!! thats a great picture, perfect timing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe…you and hubby can read me like a book. I have actually been thinking of looking for small step ladders, for decorative purpose only 😉. Thanks Debbie :)

      Delete
  11. Lets see if he figures out a way, they are clever and relentless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. But, that bird bath is so much more fun than the creek.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Squirrels are opportunists cute but so hoggish and cheeky
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  14. That goldfinch is adorable, and I love that you asked Gregg for a tiny stepladder! Too funny. Hope you find a great replacement ground bath soon (and that the squirrels take the hint)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melody, happy you enjoyed the humor. I've already found a ground bath but whether the squirrels take the hint, maybe, or not, Lol!

      Delete
  15. That is such a cute picture.
    I wonder if it's what the squirrely expected to see when he made it up there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra and thank you. He did have an interesting look on his face didn't he? :)

      Delete
  16. That is such a sweet picture ... I love it :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you glad and I am happy you loved it. Thank you and all the best, Denise :)

      Delete
  17. Look at that cute squirrel face, and those tiny little paws! I wonder if he was disappointed that it wasn't bird seeds instead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sara, how lovely to see you here. I really do wish I could speak squirrel to ask what was going through his mind at that particular point in time, grin... :)

      Delete
  18. You're right . All the creatures need water

    ReplyDelete
  19. Replies
    1. Gracias, yo también lo pensaba :) Te mando un beso.

      Delete
  20. Oh haha. He was thirsty. I haven't had a lot of birds lately, but there's so much other food for them right now. Hope you're having a super week. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erika, happy it gave you a chuckle :) I've heard that from other blogging friends about lack of birds. I really do wonder if it is the heat. There aren't even a lot in the trees. I keep looking for them.

      Delete
  21. The squirrel is wondering what dark magic this is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chuckling, thank you! He was very interested in the camera lens later I noticed :) Is this my best profile?

      Delete
  22. A diving board would be good too! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Good one Linda, love that :) Can't wait to ask my other half to put that one together, hehehe!

      Delete
  23. Everything that humans provide for birds is diverted to squirrel use. It’s an immutable law of nature!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a cutie! Squirrels deserve a drink!

    ReplyDelete
  25. yes he did. so cute. ours are gone for now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra, and I hope yours come back, if you want them to that is :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I will not be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!