Friday, July 24, 2026

A FEW MORE FLOWERS FOR YOU FROM LEWIS GINTNER BOTANIC GARDEN.

This is my last post of the flowers we saw that day until we go there again. Hopefully that will be in a month or so. I thoroughly enjoyed our time here. 


I was really taken with the Stokes Aster and how it was unfurling in the photo below.


I found them along the pathway walking up to the entrance.


This courtyard greeted us as we exited the visitor center into the garden.


Purple Coneflowers.




Oakleaf Hydrangea.


The Daylilies were blooming beautifully (and thank you Marcia for letting me know it wasn't a Ditch Lily. I should have known better but took my plant ID at its word. Always grateful to my blogging friends for steering me in the right direction). I really loved this color combination.


Another pretty area I would like to explore next time we go. 


Next is the Spider Flower, perhaps a better name for it, Cleome. 


It's also called Grandfather's Whiskers, but we can also call it Pink Queen.


I shared these the other day, "Irish Eyes' Black-eyed Susan


My other post of the flowers can be found here if you missed it.

Have fun and 
thanks for stopping by.








62 comments:

  1. Beautiful gardens there and the pond is lovely, be good to sit in peace there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret, I am glad you enjoyed this place. I look forward to sitting by the pond next time :)

      Delete
  2. My favorite is this giant Aster. It is amazing and I have never seen anything like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why Ginny, it's a beauty! They are biggest ones I have ever seen :)

      Delete
  3. Those are such beautiful flowers, the botanical garden is truly enchanting to look at. I would love it there, too,it is laid out so fantastically, and the little pond is lovely.
    Thank you for these wonderful photos! I look forward to enjoying them again when you visit the garden next time!
    Have a beautiful day, Elke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear Elke :) you are very welcome and I am delighted you enjoyed the garden with its flowers. Thank you, you have a beautiful day also, hugs, Denise

      Delete
  4. I can imagine sitting by that pond, letting the quiet of the garden wash over me.
    What a beautiful setting.
    Beautiful photos, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautifully described Veronica, thank you so much! I am happy you enjoyed my photos :)

      Delete
  5. The water feature is especially lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,
    Beautiful gardens and lovely flowers! Your photos are beautiful.
    Take care , have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen, much appreciated and you take care and have a great day also :)

      Delete
  7. Such beautiful gardens. I love all the flowers but that oak leaf hydrangea is simply amazing. I've never seen anything like that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was rather special I agree Ann :) I remember seeing it before when we visited, nowhere else though.

      Delete
  8. Pretty flowers all around. Lovely gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love your flower photos and names. I still need to get your app for flower names. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol and so glad you enjoyed. I will try and remember to tell you what my app is when I visit next. I have had it identify incorrectly a couple of times, one was today but thanks to Marcia I was able to correct my identification. You have a great weekend also :)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I appreciate your visit :)

      Delete
  11. Such beauty my friend. Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Regine, thank you so much and you have a beautiful day also :)

      Delete
  12. What a beautiful garden to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Elizabeth, thank you and welcome to my blog. Lovely to see you :)

      Delete
  13. This really is a lovely place.The pond would be a nice place to sit and contemplate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sandra, it certainly is and I can't wait to go back when it is a little cooler :) You're right on that pond, it would be very nice to sit for a spell.

      Delete
  14. Thanks for the morning happiness! Aster unfurling photo is interesting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Christine and I do hope you are feeling much better in your recovery :)

      Delete
  15. Flowers! We need to save all of these photos for a repost in the middle of the winter when we all have the winter blues!

    I'd like a bunch of all of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a great idea Val, I often go back and look at them during the winter. Me too on that last part :)

      Delete
  16. The beauty of summer blooms! I love them all! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth Diane :) Thank you, so glad. Hugs, Denise

      Delete
  17. Lots of brilliant color in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What beautiful and so colorful blooms and looks like you also had a great day with hopefully cooler temps to explore the gardens, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely and as you say Dorothy. Thank you very much :)

      Delete
  19. Grandfather's whiskers and the shasta are lovely
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are Cecilia. Thank you and sending hugs, Denise :)

      Delete
  20. Lovely photographs of beautiful flowers. The Ditch lilies are gorgeously patterned and coloured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janice. My 'Ditch' likes I incorrectly identified but Marcia put me right. They are Daylilies and I hope I have that one correct now :)

      Delete
  21. what a beautiful garden, when I lived in SF I used to go to the botanical and japanese gardens every weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful Linda! I wish I thought of looking for a botanical and Japanese garden on my last visit. It must have been fabulous! :)

      Delete
  22. Thank you for all the lovely flowers, so diverse and colorful. I especially love the color of that aster! That botanical garden is very prettily designed, and so green. The pond is very inviting too. Have a lovely weekend, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Sara, it was a fun place to walk around and take photos. I believe it's up there for being one of the best in the US. You have a lovely weekend also and I'm looking forward to visiting you soon :)

      Delete
  23. Flower bed are in their prime right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly are. I must go again before they pass their peak :)

      Delete
  24. The day lily you called a ditch lily doesn't go by that name. Ditch lilies are only the orange ones that seem to grow wild. All the others have fancier names.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marcia, I appreciate the correct name. My mind must have been elsewhere as I knew it was a Daylily but plant app came up with Ditch Lily and I automatically put the name down without thinking about it too much. It pays to check doesn't it? In the mean time I have my dear blogging friends to help me out. Thanks again :)

      Delete
  25. Such beautiful flowers ... a lovely collection of photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan, I was almost overwhelmed with the beauty of them. They really do have an incredible display. All the best to you too, Denise :)

      Delete
  26. This is sandie/chatty. I am in process of changing my email address.
    That garden is so beautiful. I could really relax there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandie, that's great. Looking forward to seeing your new email and thank you for letting me know. I could easily relax there, just sit myself on a bench and stay for a few hours, lol! :)

      Delete
  27. Replies
    1. Muchas gracias. Me alegra que te gusten las flores. Te mando un beso.

      Delete
  28. Such a lovely well kept garden to stroll through. Happy day to you, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So many well kept and beautiful plants in the gardens. My favourite is the Cleome or 'Grandfather's whiskers'. It is lovely to stroll around these places and see the wonderful plants.
    Wishing you a happy week, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the names of those Beverley, besides it being a stunning flower. Wishing you a happy week also :)

      Delete
  30. beautiful summer flowers...i always enjoy seeing the purples!! it's been so hot here, i am glad to have my gardens to enjoy the changing displays!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you loving purple dear Debbie :) I am looking forward to going back when the heat is not so intense.

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I will not be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!