Sunday, June 2, 2024

HAPPY SUNDAY EVERYONE

 


"In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous."

~Aristotle~








I have used this quote a few times before but it is one of my favorites, and whenever I see something in nature that I find absolutely awesome, it’s definitely my go-to. The new plant is called Early Meadow Rue.

Aristotle (384-322 BC) was an ancient Greek philosopher and polymath. As the founder of the Peripatetic school of philosophy in the Lyceum in Athens, he began the wider Aristotelian tradition that followed, which set the groundwork for the development of modern science. Little is known about Aristotle's life. He was born in the city of Stagira in northern Greece during the Classical period. His father, Nicomachus, died when Aristotle was a child, and he was brought up by a guardian. At 17 or 18, he joined Plato's Academy in Athens and remained there until the age of 37 (c. 347 BC). Shortly after Plato died, Aristotle left Athens and, at the request of Philip II of Macedon, tutored Philip’s son Alexander the Great beginning in 343 BC. He established a library in the Lyceum, which helped him to produce many of his hundreds of books on papyrus scrolls.

I found all this information on Aristotle at this link.



23 comments:

  1. Alexander The Great was the son of Aristotle! I sure didn't know this! This is a sweet and unusual looking plant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quote is so very true. Then and now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teachers of ancient Greece, Aristotle and Plato!
    The largest university in Thessaloniki is named after A.P.Th. (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki).
    Thanks for the info and links Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Green is my favorite colour. Lush green especially

    ReplyDelete
  5. How marvellous it is that all these centuries later we still quote Aristotle and wonder at the wisdom of his words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That quote is fantastic and it goes so well with the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quote and post. Thanks for your visit and kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Sunday to you, I'm feeling rather cultured now having had Plate and Aristotle in my day!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely image and quote. Nature is marvelous. Take care, have a great day and happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you know Alexander the Great was only 32 when he died? Imagine doing all that he did at such a young age.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wonder what Aristotle would think of typing and writing on Ipads... also wonder what quote he would make about them....

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a lovely quote and at this time of year when the world is waking, all the more special!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Morning Denise
    I had a glorious 45 min, 1.6 mile walk thru our neighborhood this week.
    I agree with MS's comment. I still remember the first fax machine which I thought was out of this world...little did I know all of the technology that would follow
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  14. After all this Aristotle did not Have any high tech lab equipment to enhance his vision.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Sunday. That green on green is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whenever I see something amazing in nature, I think of this quote. The new plant, Early Meadow Rue, reminded me of it. Aristotle, the ancient Greek philosopher, founded the Lyceum and tutored Alexander the Great. He laid the groundwork for modern science.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That quote is just so true!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful image, great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This quote is wonderful.....and so very true.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!