Wednesday, May 27, 2020

TO LIVE CONTENT...



To live content with small means,
To seek elegance rather than luxury,
And refinement rather than fashion,
To be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not rich,
To study hard, think quietly, talk gently, and frankly,
To listen to stars and birds, babes and sages 
With open heart,
To bear all cheerfully, do all bravely, 
Await occasions,
Hurry never - 
In a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, 
Grow up through the common.  
This is to be my symphony.

by
My Symphony

17 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! And your photo is gorgeous as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds pretty damn good to me. And as Ginny says, your photo illustrates it so very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words. Keep well, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I love the poem and it is great advice to live by. Take care and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Eileen, and I wish for you the same :)

      Delete
  5. perfect for these troubled times we are in

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Laurie, and the poem is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!