Wednesday, September 26, 2018

NOW THAT WE ARE OFFICIALLY INTO THE AUTUMN....

I am sharing a farmer's market shop owned by Whitehall Farm, link here.  We were there two weeks ago.

It is not exactly around the corner, otherwise we would be there all the time.  On the way we passed these cyclists enjoying the sunshine.
A great day for a bike ride.
Twenty minutes or so later we were pulling into the parking lot.  We started out very early and it was during the week.  No other cars. It is closed Monday and Tuesday, and it crossed my mind that it was closed when we arrived.  But it was just very quiet.
They have a Fall Festival and I believe this is one of the hayride wagons.
Inside the store it had a light and cheery air.  I liked the fall decorations and enjoyed browsing over all the items we could purchase.
We bought fresh tomatoes, a bag of onions, a baguette, bread and butter pickles which was Gregg's choice, a jar of honey, my choice, and dark chocolate covered coffee beans, also my choice.  Quite a varied collection.
I first discovered how much I liked chocolate covered coffee beans at a coffee shop in one of our strip malls ages ago.  They always placed three on the side of my coffee cup, but stopped the practice several months ago.  "What?", I said, "No more chocolate covered coffee beans?"  Now whenever I come across them it is a special treat.  I do the same as the coffee shop, and eat two or three beans with my morning cup of coffee.  Zips me right through the day!
Time to go back and get more!
There were many things that interested us in this shop, the olive oil for instance.  They had all kinds of different flavors.
I asked if I could take a few photos and they readily agreed.  The decorations were very festive.














It's beginning to feel like Fall.
What are your favorite Autumn things? Here are some of mine.
Sweater weather and Homemade soup
Hot Apple Cider and Hot Chocolate
Sitting by the fire
That feeling of drawing in 
your breath on a crisp day
Walks in the evenings and
smelling wood smoke from
the neighbors' chimneys
Walking on crunchy leaves
while walking through the woods
Seeing all the pumpkins
Carved pumpkins too
The first Fall Mums on sale
To name a few...
 and wishing all my friends




22 comments:

  1. What a fun pace to shop at! And you gt some yummy things! I have not tried a chocolate covered coffee bean yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ginny, it was. If you ever try one of those coffee beans I will look forward to hearing how you liked them. They are not everyone's cup of tea I know :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my! It really is autumn. Nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful outing you took us on. The Farm Shop looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A farmers market has a huge stall in the shopping precinct by me but it only opens at weekends but we have another one permanently set up in a nearby garden centre. I don't think I've seen chocolate coffee beans in there but I may have been looking in the wrong place. On second thoughts, perhaps I shouldn't look in case I am tempted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie, I rarely go to these things on a weekend. I tend to stay away when it is too crowded. Those chocolate covered coffee beans aren't sold everywhere here either. In fact, when I see any I do a kind of a happy dance. I suppose if I could get them regularly, like everything else, it wouldn't be such a treat :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Obrigado Francisco, agradeço seus comentários. Tenha uma ótima semana :) Sua amiga, Denise

      I had time to use Google translate today. Hopefully there aren't too many grammatical errors :)

      Thank you Francisco, I appreciate your comments. Have a great week :) Your friend, Denise

      Delete
  6. Fall is usually a long pleasant time of good colors and jobs to complete. throw in a few good walks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic shop! I will have to look for some of those chocolate covered coffee beans and try them. I love fall too, I just wish it would hurry up and get to my house. We are still unseasonably hot down here in north Florida!
    Thanks for letting me know my comment went through ok. I think I may have figured out a way around my commenting problem for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you find them, the beans. It's still pretty warm up here too but the evenings are cooler.

      You are very welcome regarding the commenting problem. As luck or bad luck would have it, I tried making comments on my iPAD which has recently been upgraded, I am having the same problem. However, when I use my non-Apple laptop I don't have any issues. Trying to fix the problem on the iPAD today.

      Delete
  8. That place is well decorated for autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness - this has to be one of the neatest Farmer's Market stores I've ever seen! It just looks so easy to find things you're looking for, and things you didn't realize you have to have. The decorations look very cool too! Glad you were able to get a few things that you needed. Those different olive oils look pretty fascinating too. Thanks for sharing such fun and lovely pics! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year we were given a gift box with different flavored olive oils. I got hooked on the lime one particularly. That's very true, we bought things that weren't even on our list, like the beans. Those were a surprise. Thank you RO and hugs back to you :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!