More photos of the Yellow-Crowned Night Heron we saw at Pleasure House Point Natural Area. I felt he deserved his own post.
For the following as they become available, with my thanks to all our hosts.
For Tanya at
1) "In order to see the birds it is necessary to become part of the silence." - Robert Lynd
2. "I come into the peace of wild things who do not tax their lives with forethought of grief....for a time I rest in the grace of the world, and I am free." - Wendell Berry
3) "I want to paint the way a bird sings." - Claude Monet, Monet by Himself
4) "In November some birds move away and some birds stay. The air is full of good-byes and well-wishes. The birds who are leaving look very serious. No silly spring chirping now. They have long journeys and must watch where they are going. The staying birds are serious too, for cold times lie ahead. Hard times. All berries will be treasures." - Cynthia Rylant
5) "Cliff swallows come back to Capistrano Mid-March. It takes them three weeks to fly 7,000 miles from Goya, Argentina." - Diana Hollingsworth Gessler, Very California: Travels Through the Golden State
What remarkably brilliant captures of this bird!!! Thank you so much for sharing, Denise!ReplyDelete
What a great beakReplyDelete
Thank you so much for sharing this exotic (to me) charmer.ReplyDelete
A wonderful series of shots and great quotesReplyDelete
I love the last photograph, Denise, and the quotes are brilliant, particularly the one by Monet.ReplyDelete
Hello Denise! Awesome shots of the Night Heron, great post. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!ReplyDelete
these are awesome shots. i love spotting these beauties here.ReplyDelete
You can certainly see the relation to other herons.ReplyDelete
what a handsome bird he is, I don't think I have ever seen one of these.ReplyDelete
Great job on the photos, my friend. And love the quotes.ReplyDelete
A lovely looking bird, your photo's show him so well.ReplyDelete
I agree a separate post was needed!
All the best Jan
That Heron is stunning. You got some great photos of it.ReplyDelete
Enjoyed the quotes. My favorite,#2
Hi Denise, the bird most certainly deserves its own post, super images of a Night Heron, I have only ever seen a couple and they were in Africa. Regards JohnReplyDelete
What a handsome bird!ReplyDelete
Nice looking Heron. Hadn't heard of them before.ReplyDelete
Wow I've never seen this bird before and I'm taken with the startling red glowing eyes it has!ReplyDelete
Wonderful photos, Denise!
Very beautiful shots of heron.ReplyDelete
Hello, Denise! I really enjoyed seeing your YC Night Heron. It is a gorgeous bird. Great series of quotes too! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!ReplyDelete
Your photos are beautiful! -Marci @ Stone Cottage AdventuresReplyDelete
Wonderful photos of a beautiful bird!ReplyDelete
I love herons!
Great shots of that heron.ReplyDelete
Your photos are just beautiful...thanks for sharing..ReplyDelete
OOO, and I tried one of the Starbucks Lemon Loaf copycats and, tho it was good, it didn't come close to the real one...:(
Beautiful pictures! Such bright eyes!ReplyDelete
Amazing captures of the heron. Well done!!ReplyDelete
That first quote...become part of the silence....I LOVE IT!!!ReplyDelete
And yes, this YCNH is definitely worthy of a post of its own. Denise, these are extraordinary images. I'm lovin' it.
Thanks for adding this to I'd Rather B Birdin's Linking Tool this week!!
A stunning post!! What wonderful images of this beautiful bird.ReplyDelete
Have a fantastic week :)
I don't always get to see this bird so it's nice seeing them on your blog. have a great week!ReplyDelete