More photos of the Yellow-Crowned Night Heron we saw at Pleasure House Point Natural Area. I felt he deserved his own post.
For the following as they become available, with my thanks to all our hosts.
For Tanya at
1) "In order to see the birds it is necessary to become part of the silence." - Robert Lynd
2. "I come into the peace of wild things who do not tax their lives with forethought of grief....for a time I rest in the grace of the world, and I am free." - Wendell Berry
3) "I want to paint the way a bird sings." - Claude Monet, Monet by Himself
4) "In November some birds move away and some birds stay. The air is full of good-byes and well-wishes. The birds who are leaving look very serious. No silly spring chirping now. They have long journeys and must watch where they are going. The staying birds are serious too, for cold times lie ahead. Hard times. All berries will be treasures." - Cynthia Rylant
5) "Cliff swallows come back to Capistrano Mid-March. It takes them three weeks to fly 7,000 miles from Goya, Argentina." - Diana Hollingsworth Gessler, Very California: Travels Through the Golden State