Monday, July 23, 2018

MONDAY RECIPE POST - ITALIAN CHOPPED SALAD

Looking for a main course salad I found this one at Skinnytaste.  To see all the info its host Gina shares, you will find it at this link.


Italian Choped Salad - 2 servings at 271 calories per serving.  

Change or add vegetables (or meat) to suit your own taste.  Of course the calorie count will change with the adjustments.

4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
1/2 cup peeled English cucumber, cubed
1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
Sliced red onion
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
1/2  roasted red pepper (in water), chopped
1 ounce genoa salami, sliced
6 tablespoons shredded part skim mozzarella

Toss the lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion with oil and vinegar.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Top with roasted red pepper, salami and mozzarella.

Serve and enjoy!  


Check out the link above for all the nutritional information.

A very nice salad, thank you Gina!   We added sliced radishes, and as we have leftovers for tonight I am adding sliced garlic stuffed green olives.


18 comments:

  1. It looks so good! And I can almost smell that salami! One dish, healthy and filling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big salad fan - and eat them all year round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect meal for the extremely hot weather we're having. I must have a word with my shoppers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this salad is a great idea. I will have to get a few slices of salami next week and give it a try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you like the look of it Sandra. You can really mix and match this salad to suit your own taste.

      Delete
  5. Hello, the salad looks delicious. I love most salads, especially in the summer.
    Have a happy day and new week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great looking salad this is.
    Perfect food choice for our current rather warm weather.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. This salad looked so colorful, I was ready to grab a fork, Denise.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!