Saturday, October 10, 2026

SATURDAY MORNING AT THE BIRD FEEDER - I CAN TRULY RELATE

The Red-bellied Woodpecker says, "It's windy today."


The male House Finch says, "No it's not, it's Thursday."


The Blue Jay says, "I am thirsty too. Let's have a cup of tea."


Having this kind of conversation with my dear other half on a few occasions, okay, maybe several, we have every sympathy with the hard-hearing birds. I can no longer say, "You need to enunciate", to which the reply is, “You need to go get your ears checked” (conversation not to be taken seriously - it's a running joke with us) and yes, the writing is on the wall, so to speak. I just showed this to my dear other half, and he actually laughed out loud. And then he said, "That's us!" I hope this bit of whimsy gives you a smile.

That’s how it goes at this week’s Saturday Morning at the Bird Feeder. 

I hope everything is well in your part of the world.

Have a great weekend and 
thanks for flying in.







52 comments:

  1. This is us too! We are on our way to look at yet another hearing aid on Monday. You got marvelous closeups of the beautiful birds! I hope they can hear their own beautiful songs. That's something I miss in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great weekend, Denise!
    It’s so lovely to watch the little birds with your better half!
    I’m glad you’re enjoying some peace and having a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katerina and it is. I wish you the same my dear friend :)

      Delete
  3. I’m smiling—it’s exactly the same at our place when it comes to listening!
    It’s lovely to see such pretty birds visiting you, and they even speak your language *grin*
    Thanks so much, and have a wonderful day! Hugs, Elke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure and to put a smile on your face has made my day dear Elke :) Yes, I couldn’t agree more, they speak a universal language. Isn’t that wonderful? You have a wonderful day too my dear friend. Hugs, Denise.

      Delete
  4. Yes smiling here Denise. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These made me smile. Mishearing, or not listening, can lead to all sors of misunderstandings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Janice, always happy to pass on a smile, and very true on the hearing thing :)

      Delete
  6. Those are cute. Since I'm a bird watcher they're kind of appropriate. My husband has been losing his hearing for years, but of course he doesn't hear me tell him that, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you think so Lynn and Precious :) and thanks for the smile. I can totally relate.

      Delete
  7. I hear odd and interesting things too. Things that were never said, apparently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that made me laugh John, thank you :) I can so relate!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. With all that you have had to deal with lately, I am glad my whimsical posts gave you a chuckle :)

      Delete
  9. I WISH I had a dollar for everytime I say What did you say? and that he says that to me. he has hearing aids but they don't work as wells as real hearing. I hear really well except of words spoken, especially if there is background noise of any kind. a dripping faucet, rain drops on water or roof, those I hear, not words. I am smiling with you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra, great to hear from you :) Hearing ability is a strange thing isn’t it? Depending on the pitch of things. Glad you are smiling dear friend. I am smiling with you :)

      Delete
  10. This would have been a conversation between my husband and I. I didn't get my hearing aids until after he passed away. He used to get so mad at me because I couldn't hear him. He would say something I would say huh? and he would repeat it. If it was something that required a yes or no answer I would say yeah I heard you I said uh huh....lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing that Ann, this conversation made me smile. I guess I will be getting my hearing checked out soon :)

      Delete
  11. Denise and Gregg same conversation here. Bryan speaks very low...I have a terrible case of tinnitus (which caused some dizziness). Which I know causes hearing issues. 3 years ago I was told I had hearing loss in my left ear. May 2026 I was fitted with Phonak aids. They help drown out the tinnitus. I can control them from my iPhone have different settings for different situations and there is an auto feature for them to auto adjust. Have helped tremendously with hearing Bryan and tinnitus. There was a significant adjustment. But I can say now in October my aids and I are besties
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing that Cecilia :) The tinnitus is terrible. Mine began after a really bad ear infection in my early 30s. It has lessened somewhat but if I get a head cold, it comes back with a vengeance. Those Phonak aids sound interesting. Do those give you white noise I wonder? Next time I go to my doctor I will ask about them. Very happy to hear you and your aids are besties. Hugs, Denise.

      Delete
  12. I have lost hearing in one ear. When someone speaks to me, I tend to turn my good ear towards them. Looks funny but hey, you gotta try your best! Also, folks need to speak clearly with no mumbling! Its tough not being able to hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing Kay :) Yes, we certainly do have to try our best. I am going to point out your last sentence to you-know-who, lol!

      Delete
  13. Oh! When my mother in law visited us from England, we had the male house finch land on our deck. She was amazed and asked us what it was. We told her. She was stunned such a gorgeous bird had such a prosaic name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful! Thank you for that lovely memory :)

      Delete
  14. These did make me smile :)
    Beautiful birds especially the male House Finch.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad Jan and thank you :) The male House Finch is rather handsome, isn’t he? All the best, Denise.

      Delete
  15. We just flew in to our home after being away 8 days like the birds at 2:30am. Happy to sleep in our own bed for a few hours. Nice to visit you with the birds this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome home Ellen , I am looking forward to hearing about your travels. Always great to get back to our own bed after a trip away isn’t it? It is lovely having you visit again.

      Delete
  16. Denise, cute captions and bird images. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Eileen :) glad you enjoyed and I wish you the same.

      Delete
  17. It's Deja Vu -- I heard that same conversation here this morning (and we don't have bird feeders ))! Love your talkative birds -- hard of hearing or not -- as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you made me feel better Sallie. Onward and upward! Thank you and so glad you enjoy my silly nonsense, lol!

      Delete
  18. Hearing loss is hard to tolerate.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lindos pajaritos. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Los pajaritos y yo te damos muchas gracias :) Te mando un beso.

      Delete
  20. Sounds like old people conversations!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A certain someone in my house has hearing aids he has never used. This is a common conversation around here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I will not be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!