Tuesday, September 8, 2026

NOT AGAIN! ????

 I was merrily answering comments last night and got several done when all of a sudden, I got an error message. A little different this time. It did allow me to push the publish button, but the error message popped up saying my message could not be published. I am hoping by tomorrow that too will have been temporary and will try again. Has anyone else had a problem tonight? It happened at around 11.00 p.m.


The surprise I had the night before was this handsome fellow on our patio door above my head. I took my nightly look out the back window before going upstairs, and it was staring at me right in the face. I don't know who was more startled, yes probably the katydid. I couldn't see it properly and used the light on my phone, and then took a photo also with my phone. I made several attempts and all but this one were blurry. The ID online said it was a Katydid, also known as a Bush Cricket? It did say that this might have been after its first or last molt, can't remember which now. You can read about them at this link if interested. If any of you know for sure, let me know would you please? I had fun playing with one of the apps and came up with this.


A while ago I mentioned that several of the old homes that had been around for years, a mile so down the road, were finally torn down. This is the first house that has been built. I was amazed at how fast. We kept passing by and they looked like they were hollowing out the ground for a basement as there was this big hole. That seemed to take forever. A few days later this appeared. I will try and remember to take a photo once it’s finished. The place before was less than a quarter its size. I miss the old house.


This building is a church we pass by. When we moved here over 30 plus years ago it used to be a farm property where people kept their horses. I loved passing by and counting them. 


It wasn't such a wide road back then and we could slow down and sometimes stop to take photos. The church went up I want to say about 10 years ago. I still miss seeing the horses. Here's a closer look of the church.


I had a good time taking photos of clouds. The skies were full of them that day. It was hot but hardly any humidity, which is always a plus.


“Bows and flows of angel hair, and ice-cream castles in the air.” 
Joni Mitchell, Both Sides Now


I captured a plane on its way into Washington-Dulles Airport. I wish I had remembered to look at my airplane app to see where it departed from.


“I am the daughter of Earth and Water, and the nursling of the Sky.”
Percy Bysshe Shelley, The Cloud


The truck was huge and parked on the side of the road. There are town homes across the street, and this strip runs several hundred yards where people from those homes can park overnight. Parking spaces are at a bare minimum where they live, and the powers that be let them park there, for the time being anyway. This was still early so no one had made it home yet from work. Usually they are parked bumper to bumper.


It was a great day to sky watch. 

Thanks for looking and enjoy your day. 


















60 comments:

  1. The new house is large. I bet it sells for over a million. That seems to be the going price for homes like this. I would never have known what the green critter is, just be glad it was outside and not inside!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is Ginny, most of these houses being built are that and more. I'm glad my little critter was outside too but thankful for the photo op and a chance to study him a little.

      Delete
  2. I like the new house and the sky there Denise. That insect is interesting as I guess they all are.
    Yes, we've had trouble commenting in past days but it didn't last long. Thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Margaret, the skies were gorgeous that day. I agree about the insect. Glad you've not having a problem with comments now :)

      Delete
  3. Nobody bothers the grasshopper, and you’re showing some great cloud photos—though, yes, I would have liked the horses better, too. No, I left the laptop off last night, and everything was fine today. I hope nothing starts acting up again with Blogger!
    Hugs, Elke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elke :) I'm glad your laptop is back to normal now. At this point in time (9-12-26 at 8.33 p.m.) all seems to be going okay. Fingers crossed :) hugs, Denise

      Delete
  4. Hello,
    I love the clouds and sky photos, I do enjoy skywatching. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Eileen, I enjoy it too. You take care and have a great day also :)

      Delete
  5. Love your clouds and cloud quotes! Love your curiosity and interest in what goes on around you! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kay. I was once accused by a teacher when I was little, that I had my head up in the clouds, lol! I was always curious about what was going on around me, and that hasn't changed, lol! You have a great week also :)

      Delete
  6. That would have caught me off guard seeing that katydid on my screen at night.
    that looks like a nice house but it's always sad to see old ones torn down. I would much rather see horses than some building. That doesn't even look like a church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me aback a little :) I agree, and what's been happening around here is that smaller homes were built 50 years ago and sometimes longer than that, and now the parents are passing on and the children sell the property, then the new homes go up. That makes me so sad but it's a way of life these days. People need to keep going.

      Delete
  7. I am impressed with what you eventually did with the katydid photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, real easy to do. If you want to know the name of the program, let me know and I'll pass the info on :)

      Delete
  8. By 11:00 pm, Denise, I have been in bed for at least an hour, so what was happening on my blog was unknown to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good thing David. I am the proverbial night owl :)

      Delete
  9. Good Morning!!
    Stopping in to thank you for your visit!! So far, no issues with posting comments this morning...Great pictures...I love getting photos of the clouds which at times can be more interesting than a sunset...Beautiful church...Ours was built 50 years ago and is fairly modern....Enjoy the new week!!
    Hugs,
    Deb
    Debbie-Dabble blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Deb, great to see you. Thank you Deb. The church is definitely someone's architectural dream. I always think how interesting it would be to sit on one of their sessions to see a place come to life. Have a lovely weekend, it's Saturday here now. Hugs, Denise

      Delete
  10. Anoche no abrí ni un momento el ordenador, hasta hace una hora no he comenzado a visitar los blogs amigos. Espero no tener problemas a la hora de publicar.
    Feliz semana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Me alegra que no hayas tenido problemas con ninguno de estos programas para blogueros y espero que así siga siendo. Gracias y un cordial saludo.

      Delete
  11. Love those cloud shots...really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Katydid shot, we've had them on my screen doors too. The pups and I spent a lot of time watching clouds over the past few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Val, I don't usually see them. I found one asleep inside a big rose a few years back. Isn't that wonderful you have pups who love to cloud watch. I would happily join you three :)

      Delete
  13. Horses are much better than buildings any day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had a katydid on my window too. Grin. I know it wasn't the same one because we live too far apart for that, but our "bug" watching sure has us seeing a lot of the same things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's yet another quinky-dink - grin! We seem to be having a few kindred spirit moments. I have more bug photos to share soon :)_

      Delete
  15. Oh no Jiminy Cricket, I hope your commenting is ok today. We had a gremlin in our tveees Saturday
    when we tried to watch any streaming channels I crazy Pluto TV icon was swirling around on the screen. Thankful it disappeared over night.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jiminy Cricket, here to remind me to keep on the straight and narrow, lol! It seems to be okay at 9-12-26, loading pictures too, thanks Cecilia. That's interesting about your crazy Pluto icon. I'm glad that sorted itself out. Hugs, Denise

      Delete
  16. Lovely skies. Commenting seems fine today.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I’ve had issues with the commenting. I tried to comment a couple days ago (I think) and it just wouldn’t work. Then I read about other bloggers having the same problem. I guess it’s something Blogspot was doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's frustrating isn't it Kay? I was thankful it wasn't just me. I started to think "What did I do?", then I read about a lot of others having the same problem. Misery loves company, or something like that. That it, it was nice to know I wasn't the only one and had not done something wrong.

      Delete
  18. Fun critter to spy. That is a large home that is being built. The clouds are very cool. I'm not a fan of 'error' messages. Enjoy your Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Ellen, thank you and for the comments on the other things I shared. No, I'm not a fan either. Had a good Tuesday thank you, in fact had a good week as it is now the weekend and will soon be Sunday :) So, you have a great Sunday!

      Delete
  19. I'm getting fed up of all the glitches with Blogger, it really takes the biscuit when you can't comment though. Don't new houses go up quickly, one minute it's at the planning stage and the next, there's a whole row of houses. Love the katydid photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say I was too Jo. Not fun being stymied when your creativity seems to be flowing. They do go up quickly. Hubs said he thinks they come already partially done in rooms? I don't really know about such things and he is only guessing. It did go up very fast though. Glad you liked my katydid :)

      Delete
  20. You know I am having that same problem, and I didn't know if it was my issues or what.
    However, I found for me - if you kept pushing comment - it would eventually post it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm glad we sorted it out. In the beginning when this started happening last year, I could keep pushing the comment and it would work. Also if I exited out of that page and came back in a fresh one, that would work too but not this one. Way frustrating!

      Delete
  21. Thank you for sharing your sky watch photos, Denise.
    Blogger is behaving for me at the moment but it's a pain when it has a glitch. Hope things are better now for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Beverley, so glad you enjoyed them. Things are better at this point in time, and am hoping it will remain that way. Thanks so much :)

      Delete
  22. Lovely sky photographs ... ours today was throwing water down!!! I don't mind we do need rain and it did clear as the day progressed.

    Blogger is fine for me at the moment, I do hope your issues have been sorted.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed them Jan, and thank you very much :) I hope your rain stopped. Glad your blogger is cooperating :) All the best, Denise

      Delete
  23. It was a great day to read your blog with the summery clouds in every photo.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lindo cielo. Yo no tenido problemas con el blog. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, y me alegra mucho que no tengas ningún problema. Te mando un beso :)

      Delete
  25. You had fun with Katydid. Love all the sky photos too. Its nice to see some of the area where you live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly did have fun. Thank you Diane and I am glad you enjoyed :)

      Delete
  26. I think commenting was down for almost 24 hours. Perhaps there was a problem they were trying to fix.

    I like the katydid. The clouds look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, that was my assumption also. Glad you enjoyed :)

      Delete
  27. oooooh those skies are so gorgeous, i love looking at the clouds.. and joni mitchell, one of my favorites and i love that lyric you shared!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Debbie, blue skies and puffy clouds are a wonderful combination aren't they. Glad you enjoyed Joni Mitchell and those lyrics :)

      Delete
  28. Wow, it's amazing they could build so much in just a few days. Back in the day, it used to take months.
    Beautiful pictures of the sky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, I was quite shocked to see it go up as fast as it did. Glad you liked the skies. Thank you Sandra :)

      Delete
  29. Śliczny jest ten pasikonik. Świat wokół nas zmienia się szybko. Miłego tygodnia życzę. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zgadzam się z Tobą i bardzo dziękuję. Życzę Ci wspaniałego dnia!

      Delete
  30. I would have jumped if I’d seen that katydid staring back at me! 😄 I loved your cloud photos too. And I really understand that feeling of missing the old houses and the horses... even small changes can make a place feel different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an interesting sight, especially as I got nose to nose to see what I was looking at, and then I put my glasses on, lol! Thank you so much for your kind words. I agree :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I will not be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!