Saturday, August 22, 2026

SATURDAY MORNING AT THE BIRD FEEDER OR IT PROBABLY SHOULD READ, AT THE BIRD BATH

 

"Why am I called a Goldfinch?" - "Because 'extremely handsome yellow bird' was already taken."




"Why are you looking at me like that? It's true!"



And that's how it goes on a
Saturday Morning at the Bird Feeder/Bird Bath.

Thanks for visiting and as you fly through the day, 
may it be a safe and happy flight.










24 comments:

  1. Goldfinches in summer are handsome indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty! Happy Saturday, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Angie :) Thank you, Happy Saturday to you too.

      Delete
  3. The Goldfinches have found the bath!! and are getting some nice drinks as well. They may lead lots more there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they have Ginny, and I am hopeful there will be even more :)

      Delete
  4. The goldfinches are so beautiful, and they are gradually starting to use the fountain.
    Thanks—have a lovely day, too. Hugs, Elke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That they are Elke :) you are most welcome and thank you! I hope your day is wonderful. Hugs, Denise

      Delete
  5. Some souls cannot appreciate bird jokes before breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When we used to fill feeders we would get a lot of goldfinches. I always enjoyed seeing them. Always fun to visit here on a Saturday morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann, such a sweet thing to say :) I have been enjoying the goldfinches here. They don’t come to the birdbath more than one or two at a time right now but I am always hopeful the whole family will appear one of these days.

      Delete
  7. It’s the time for a goldfinch to be bright before winter comes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that we are seeing goldfinches this year. We had a goldfinch at our birdbath yesterday, getting a drink of water,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s wonderful Linda :) For years I didn’t see any, then all of a sudden there were many of them. The last year they have slowed down quite a bit but now I am seeing them come back.

      Delete
  9. Está bien abastecidos, no carecen de nada.
    Feliz fin de semana.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That made me chuckle ... thank you Denise.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Jan, and thank you :) All the best, Denise

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I will not be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!