No new recipes made this week, just old standbys with lots of salads. That being the case, I thought I would share a little bit of our son's birthday celebration. We had a great time with him and our dear daughter-in-law. They are always fun to be with.
We went to the Longhorn Steakhouse. We all basically had steak of varying sizes, and salad. The appetizer and dessert were shared because by the time we finished the main meal, that was all we could manage. I didn't even try the dessert but they said it was delicious. The whole meal was first-class. That mushroom appetizer was the best, that I did try. Gregg and I said when we feel like coming here again, we would just order those white cheddar stuffed mushrooms - and a salad. More than enough for the two of us.
So, that's about it for our son's birthday celebration. We were very happy with the way the evening turned out. The young lady who took care of us, we could tell that she was very tired, but she couldn't have been nicer. All the dishes brought out were delicious and hot. We said goodnight to our son and d-in-law outside, after having a really enjoyable time together.




You all had a wonderful birthday celebration together in a lovely restaurant with delicious food. The cocktail looks great, too. You took some wonderful photos, and I really like that black-and-white shot of Gregg!
ReplyDeleteHave a good day, hugs Elke
Thank you Elke :) we had a lovely time. You have a good day also, hugs, Denise
DeleteThe food looks so good! Hey, I wanted to tell you something. There is a Mary Oliver documentary coming on PBS. You know-the poet we both love. Anyway, it is supposed to be on Tuesday at 9:00 and again Wednesday at 4:00. It is called "American Masters" so that title is how you would look for it. I know PBs shows different things according to what area you live in, so I hope you can get it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for that Ginny and for the info on Mary Oliver :) I have put it on my phone timer so that I don't forget. Really appreciate you letting me know, very sweet of you.
DeleteIt looks like a great party and the pictures of the food makes me hungry.
ReplyDeleteThank you Ruby Rose and it makes me hungry looking at that too :)
DeleteA good time was had by all it seems for your sons birthday. The meal sounds and looks wonderful. The photos are lovely, Densie. Your cocktail looks awesome!
ReplyDeleteThank you Margaret and the cocktail tasted pretty good :)
DeleteSounds like a fun birthday outing. The mushrooms sound delicious. I haven't been to a Longhorn in forever.
ReplyDeleteNeither had we and I can highly recommend those mushrooms :)
DeleteIt has been a long time since we have been to Longhorn Steakhouse. The food looks delicious. Your son looks happy, as you all celebrate his birthday.
ReplyDeleteThanks Linda, he was having a great time as were we :)
DeleteA cocktail for a birthday seems like a fine idea. It’s watermelon after all, so it must be healthy. 😉
ReplyDeleteIt had to be I agree, haha!
DeleteI love that black and white picture of you and your son. Drooling over that juicy steak!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Angie, I appreciate that :) The steaks were excellent.
DeleteCongrats to the boy :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you had an enjoyable outing.
Thank you John, we all had a great time :)
DeleteA wonderful celebration!
ReplyDeleteThank you Christine :)
DeleteWhat a lovely celebration.
ReplyDeleteThank you Janice :)
DeleteLooks delicious and delightful. It's fun to celebrate. Glad you all could be together for this special time!
ReplyDeleteWe had a great time, very special. Thanks Ellen :)
DeleteBelated 🎂 wishes to your son and what a nice celebration you all shared, Denise. the Watermelon Margarita looked summery and delicious too.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, and much appreciate the birthday wishes :) The Watermelon Cocktail was delicious and absolutely no alcohol ;)
DeleteHappiest birthday wishes to your son! Always fun to celebrate the ones who mean so much to us! That's a good photo of the two of you!!
ReplyDeleteHi Jennifer :) It certainly is and so glad you liked that photo, thank you :)
DeleteIt sounds like a perfect celebration. That is one huge steak your son has.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sandra, it was absolutely perfect and yes, it was a huge steak :)
DeleteNow you all know how to have fun!! There used to be a Longhorn near us...we liked it a lot. Our daughter and soninlaw go to one in their city
ReplyDeleteHugs cecilia
It just seems to turn out that way Cecilia. It helps to have two delightfully humorous sweeties whose company we have always enjoyed :) Hugs, Denise
DeleteHappy Birthday to your son, Denise🎂🎈🎉. It looks like you all had a fun time together.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, very kind of you, and we certainly did :)
DeleteHappy belated Birthday to your son! Sharing a delicious meal with loved ones creates such precious memories. Maybe it's just me but in my view, your very cute d-in-law resembles you when young. :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great dinner celebration for your son's birthday..
ReplyDeleteHubby and I like Longhorn's meals.
Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.
Thank you Eileen, it's a fun place, isn't it? You take care and I wish you the same for the coming week :)
DeleteYou celebrated in style. I haven't been to one of those in awhile.
ReplyDeleteWe hadn't been there in a long time either and it felt good to celebrate :)
DeleteYour son's birthday celebration looks great ... so pleased you all had a wonderful time.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Thank you Jan and that's very kind of you. All the best to you too, Denise
DeleteLooks like a very nice celebration.
ReplyDeleteThank you Mary, we had a very good time :)
DeleteFeliz cumpleaños a tu hijo. Te mando un beso.
ReplyDeleteEs muy amable de tu parte, muchas gracias :) Te mando un beso.
DeleteHappy belated birthday to son. We like Longhorn, but usually we go for lunch so I've never had a steak there. But I would definitely have one of those watermelon margaritas. Hope you had a super Monday Denise.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much Erika. I can see we will be going back to Longhorn for our next celebration :) Those watermelon margaritas were excellent. I had a super Monday thank you Erika, hope you did too :)
Deletehappy belated birthday to him!
ReplyDeleteThank you Sherry, very kind of you :)
DeleteHi, again. Happy birthday! Your son looks happy on his special day. I love mushrooms, too.
ReplyDeleteHi Gigi :) thank you. He was very happy. I love all kinds of mushrooms :)
DeleteHappy Belated Birthday to your son!
ReplyDeleteMuch appreciated Sandra, thank you :)
DeleteSounds lovely. Happy Birthday to your son.
ReplyDeleteThank you and thank you also for his birthday wishes :)
Delete