Thank you for all my Happy Birthday wishes yesterday my dear friends. You are the dearest people and I am so very happy you are part of my blogging family. I feel truly blessed!
My special birthday meal didn’t go quite as planned. No worries, it all worked out okay but ye gads! I will tell all tomorrow. I have to write it all down first
In the time being, here are some pretty flowers!
🌺 🌺🌺
I will ID the photos as best I can. I expect many will recognize them. The first one shows a little honeybee on a Stokes' Aster (Stokesia laevis) and native to America. Specifically, this herbaceous perennial is a wildflower indigenous to the southeastern United States, ranging naturally from North Carolina down to Florida and west to Louisiana.
Next we have the Common Daylily (Hemerocallis fulvia). It is native to Asia (including China and Japan) and was introduced to the United States as an ornamental plant in the late 19th century.
According to what I could find, this is the White Swan Coneflower (Echinacea purpurea 'White Swan'). (If you think I am incorrect on any of these flowers, please let me know.) It is native to North America, a cultivated variety of the common purple coneflower, a species naturally found throughout the central to southeastern United States.
Below you can see the Purple coneflower (Echinacea purpurea), also a native to the United States. Its native range spans the central, eastern and southeastern regions of the country (from Ohio to Michigan south to Louisiana and Georgia). I have some of these in our garden at home. They thrive quite well.
This shows you the start of the that flower.
Only one decent Skipper photo as outside the Butterfly House, the regular butterflies seemed a bit scarce. My best guess for this one is a Field skipper (Atalopedes campestris).
This is the Royal Lily (Lilium regale), also known as the Regal Lily or King's Lily. A native exclusively to the western Sichuan Province in southwestern China.
This yellow-petaled flower below is called "Irish Eyes' Black-eyed Susan (Rudbeckia hirta 'Irish Eyes'). It is a distinct award-winning cultivar of the classic North American native wildflower. Instead of having the traditional dark chocolate or black center cone, it has a clear emerald or lime green eye.
My last but one photo for today is the Peruvian Lily (Alstroemeria) It is also called Lily of the Incas), a long-lasting flowering plant native to South America. It's trumpet-shaped blooms come in bright colors. I only ever saw the pink ones before this.
Despite its common name, the plant is actually part of the Alstroemiaceae family and is entirely separate from true lilies.
I have more flowers but will save them for another day. I hope you have enjoyed these.
Thanks for looking at these and
I hope you have a great day.
I have seen the white Coneflowers, but never knew their name. The Aster is lovely. and you even found a Green-Eyed Susan! But of course, the Peruvian Lily is my favorite it is abundant and so fiery!
ReplyDeleteThanks Ginny :) I enjoyed all these flowers but if I had to pick a favorite, it would be the Peruvian Lily. They were the first bouquet hubby gave me after we were married. I had never seen them before.
DeleteThank you for sharing these wonderful blooms
ReplyDeleteYou are very welcome and so glad you enjoyed :)
DeleteI'm not good at identifying flowers so I can't dispute any these. I do know they're all very pretty. I've always loved the looks of coneflowers of any kind.
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way about the coneflowers :) Thanks Ann!
DeleteThank you so much for these beautiful flower photos and explanations.
ReplyDeleteHave a good day, hugs, Elke
You are very welcome Elke, I am happy you enjoyed :) I wish you a good day also. Hugs, Denise
DeleteThey are absolutely beautiful! Always love coneflowers :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you Angie, me too :)
DeleteA lovely floral scroll, thank you! Looking forward to hearing about your birthday meal. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy you enjoyed Ellen :) Thank you! More tomorrow on that birthday meal.
DeleteStunning photography I almost wanted to give each picture a sniff.
ReplyDeleteGreat snap with the butterfly
Hugs cecilia
Thank you Cecilia, I very much appreciate that :) Hugs, Denise
DeleteHappy Birthday!!! Beautiful flowers.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much Mary :)
DeleteHallo Denise,
ReplyDeletenachträglich noch alles Gute zum Geburtstag! 🎉 Es klingt, als hättest du trotz der kleinen Überraschungen einen schönen Tag gehabt, und ich bin schon gespannt auf die Geschichte hinter dem besonderen Geburtstagsessen.
Deine Blumenbilder sind eine wahre Freude. Besonders gefallen haben mir die Sonnenhüte und die elegante Königslilie. Es ist faszinierend, wie viele Pflanzen eine spannende Reise hinter sich haben und aus ganz unterschiedlichen Teilen der Welt stammen. Dass du zu jeder Blume etwas über ihre Herkunft und Geschichte recherchiert hast, macht den Beitrag noch interessanter.
Auch die kleine Honigbiene auf der Stokes-Aster und der Dickkopffalter zeigen wieder, wie eng die Schönheit der Blumenwelt mit der Welt der Insekten verbunden ist. Solche Begegnungen im Garten begeistern mich immer wieder.
Vielen Dank für diesen farbenfrohen Geburtstagsgruß. Blumen sind eine wunderbare Art zu feiern, und ich freue mich schon auf die Fortsetzung deiner Blütenparade.
Herzliche Grüße aus Deutschland
Anette
Hallo Anette, vielen Dank für deine sehr herzlichen und freundlichen Glückwünsche zu meinem Geburtstag. Das war wirklich lieb von dir und ich weiß es sehr zu schätzen. Vielleicht hast du ja schon die Geschichte zu meinem Geburtstagsessen gelesen. Es war eine außergewöhnliche Situation, wie ich sie so noch nicht erlebt hatte – und definitiv eine Erfahrung, aus der ich etwas gelernt habe :) Es freut mich, dass dir die Blumen und ihre winzigen, aber wichtigen Besucher gefallen haben. Ich liebe es, mehr über Blumen sowie deren Geschichte und Herkunft zu erfahren. Ja, ich stimme dir zu: Wir alle sind mit der Natur verbunden. Genau wie dir bereitet mir dieser Gedanke große Freude. Vielen Dank für deinen lieben Kommentar; ich wünsche dir einen schönen Tag und ein schönes Wochenende :) Herzliche Grüße aus den USA, Denise.
Deletei did enjoy these!!! i got a message on my phone yesterday that it was your birthday, and i never made time to stop by and wish you a happy birthday!! (i am hanging my head in shame). i have seen the coneflower in many colors but never white. the coneflower is a fun flower to photograph during each stage as it opens, then share the images all together in one post!! hb again...i can't wait to read the food story!!
ReplyDeleteAwww, thank you Debbie and absolutely no apologies necessary. You are here now and I am delighted :) I agree, the coneflower is a fun flower to photograph. I was introduced to the white coneflower a couple of years ago when it popped up in one of our local gardens. p.s. my birthday food story is a doozy, a dis now published, lol!
DeleteLindas flores. Te mando un beso y te deseo un buen fin de semana.
ReplyDeleteMuchas gracias. Me alegra que hayas disfrutado de las flores. Te envío un beso.
DeleteSorry I missed your birthday. I hope it was fantastic. And I loved seeing these flowers today. They are gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteThank you Erika and as I said to Debbie, I am appreciative that you are here now and thank you for your very sweet birthday greetings. Glad you enjoyed the flowers, I still have some pretty ones to share :)
DeleteSo nice to see all these flowers! Thank you for sharing them.
ReplyDeleteYou are very welcome Granny Sue and thank you. I am glad you enjoyed them :)
DeleteI am glad you had a nice birthday. These flowers are gorgeous and I am wondering where those photos are from - they are great photos. My favorite was the Stokesia laevis and the Royal Lily. BEAUTIFUL!
ReplyDeleteHello there:) thank you Sandie, my birthday was an adventure that’s for sure! I took these photos at a garden two hours south of here on June 25th. We were at Lewis Gintner Botanical Garden.
DeleteI tried the white swan echinacea, but it didn’t like my garden. The purple echinacea love it here, however, and spread themselves.
ReplyDeleteI had the same situation with my coneflowers John :)
DeleteLovely to see these flowers.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Very happy you think so Jan, thank you :)
DeleteI love all the flowers. Happy. Happy. Happy. Birthday! 🩷
ReplyDeleteThank you Ivy, that is lovely! :)
DeleteBeautiful flowers today. I have the purple cone flowers in my garden. I managed to grow some from seed this year instead of buying a plant. I know they come in different colours these days and it would be fun to grow some of those too. Alstroemeria are on my list to buy for next year. I love the colours and markings on them.
ReplyDeleteThank you Beverley :) how lovely, I would like to do that too :) The colors are pretty, aren’t they?
Delete