Wednesday, July 15, 2026

ANN'S 4TH OF JULY CARD PLUS...

A few things today but first of all I wanted to share and thank Ann for her lovely 4th of July card. It's beautiful. All the components go so well together, a lovely color and pattern combination. 


Thank you Ann! 
Whenever I think you can't send anything prettier than what you have sent before, you do! It's beautiful!

I enjoy Ann’s blog too. It’s called Ann’s Snap Edit Scrap and you can click here to visit. 

I also want to thank everyone who sent me a birthday card, family and friends, and to everyone for your birthday wishes. It was lovely getting all of them.You are all very special and kind.
Not only that, but many of you gave great advice on my birthday meal. I still can't quite believe that ever happened. Not even a cheerful countenance and pleasant conversation saved that dinner, and letting me know what you would have done, gave me a clearer mind about it all. But there you go, into every sunny day a little rain falls to remind us not to take these things for granted. The lady avatar above I put together a few days later just for fun, and the eye rolling gave me a smile. It was like looking in the mirror, wink, wink! 
I was given a lovely birthday gift, which I will share later when I have it set up. The gift I can show you now are these. A pair of dangly earrings that I saw the other day and were a birthday gift to myself. I couldn't resist them. They are just costume jewelry, nothing expensive but I was drawn to them. Just for fun I tucked them into a sunflower for the photo.
My birthday flowers from Gregg, son and daughter-in-law. Those put a smile on my face too. I have separated them into vases and placed them around the family room.
I am a little late answering your comments. Over the last few days I have felt slightly under the weather. I went out in the heat and think I overdid it, even though I took my container of water with me to stay hydrated and wore my sun hat. I should have known to turn back earlier but I can become laser focused when looking for those butterflies! I have been out a few times to get some exercise, but today I knew better and made it a very short one. 
We went over to Walney Visitor Center to see if we could see butterflies but didn't even see a Skipper. A few bees and... 
a couple of interesting insects. The one below looks like the kind Ginny identified the other day, a milkweed bug. There weren't many but I expect they will soon be abundant. It seemed to be very taken with the milkweed pods.
I saw a hummingbird but not close enough to take a photo. It was for the mind's eye only and what a treat. Everywhere there have been mushrooms. Must have been all that rain we've had!

That's it for now. Thank you again for your delightful 4th of July card Anne, and everyone else for my birthday cards, wishes and great advice. Thank you for helping me feel better after my birthday post. You are all the best!

Take good care of yourselves, don't stay too long out in that heat like I did. I wish you a wonderful rest of the week.







42 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 :) I think so too.

      Delete
  2. Oh goodness, I hope you return to normal very soon! I think at our age, things can get us down very quickly that never would affect the younger people. The flowers are gorgeous. And so are the earrings, they look like some kind of shell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny, it doesn't take much for me to get woozy with the humidity. I haven't changed much from experiencing my first Virginia summer back in 1976 :)

      Delete
  3. Dear Denise, I’m so glad to hear you’re feeling better—just laugh off that business about the birthday... It’s lovely to see your wonderful bouquets and those pretty earrings... I know the feeling; when you look around and discover so much outdoors—and want to photograph it all—you forget everything else around you... You’ve brought back some great photos. I’m staying indoors today to rest! Have a good rest, my dear—hugs, Elke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear Elke :) thank you so much for your kind words and I will follow your advice. I'm glad you are staying indoors to rest and thank you, I will too. So glad you enjoyed my post. I look forward to visiting yours soon, always the same for me.

      Delete
  4. Lovely card, Denise and hoping you soon feel yourself wonderful self.
    Love your earrings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Margaret, I am glad you like my earrings also. I am definitely staying indoors today :)

      Delete
  5. It seems to me that past a certain age flowers are the perfect gift for any occasion. Many of us are getting rid of stuff not accumulating more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and I do love my flowers :) You're right, we ourselves are downsizing considerably.

      Delete
  6. Love the card Denise! The flowers are all gorgeous. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad Eileen, it is truly a most welcome and treasured gift. Glad you enjoyed the flowers too. You take care and have a great day also :)

      Delete
  7. Glad you liked the card. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. That heat can really do a person in. The flowers and earrings are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again Ann, absolutely love your cards :) Glad you enjoyed the flowers and earrings and yes, it certainly can.

      Delete
  8. Ann’s card is just lovely, Denise!
    Your earrings in the sunflower made me grin, and the flowers from Gregg and family are such a joy.
    Hope you’re feeling brighter each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is Veronica Lee. Thank you, I'm happy my earring picture gave you a smile, and also the flowers. I am feeling much better thank you, not such a lollop, lol!

      Delete
  9. Somehow in my blog hiatus I missed your birthday. Belated greetings! Now I need to scholl back and find your birthday posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marcia :) You'll be surprised I'm sure.

      Delete
  10. Just read your birthday saga. I think you were too nice to the restaurant. You can still let them know of your experience through a Yelp review. The owners need to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the boys could see how badly I felt and wanted to get me out of there as fast as they could :) Thanks for the advice. I think you are right. I wouldn't be doing them any favors by keeping that experience all to myself.

      Delete
  11. The card is lovely, as are the flowers. I can see why you were taken with the earrings. Very nice. You definitely need to be careful with yourself in this heat. It creeps up on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra :) glad you liked them all. You're right about the heat. I should have known better. I need these little reminders I guess.

      Delete
  12. I thought Ann's card was beautiful. You must have been a good girl - lots of nice presents. Hope you are feeling better now. It is so HOT! Love the earrings and flowers. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandie, I thought so too. I try to be good, doesn't always work but there you go, lol! Thanks for the chuckle my dear friend, and for saying you loved the earrings and flowers. Slowly getting back to normal here. You have a good day too.

      Delete
  13. A post full of pretties and loveliness.
    I hope you are feeling better now.
    I've been taking things at a slower pace due to our very hot weather here in the UK.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan, happy you thought so :) I am thank you Jan, still a bit heady but not so bad.

      Delete
  14. The heat can overwhelm so easily! Glad you are okay.
    This was such a happy post, full of good things. Love the flowers and earrings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that makes me happy that you think so. It's very kind of you to share that, and for the caring comments about the heat. I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  15. ann makes very beautiful cards, you are lucky to be receiving them. i would love to send you a card but i do not have your snail mail address. you can send it to my email if you would like stangs6@hotmail.com. i hope you are feeling better. i'm super happy you treated yourself to those earrings, they are so cute. beautiful flowers too, you deserve it all!! stay cool, we are having a heat wave....again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie and thank you so much :) I feel very lucky for sure. I would love to exchange cards with you Debbie. I'll send you an e-mail before the day is out. I am loving my earrings, thanks for saying that, and the flowers. I love being around the flowers. Gosh, you stay cool too. The temperatures are going up again here. Probably like you, I'll be staying indoors!!!

      Delete
  16. That is a lovely 4th of July card, Anne set you, and the birthday flowers are beautiful as well.
    We have a lot of mushrooms popping up all around our courtyard too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra, I very much appreciate your kind words :) That’s interesting how the mushrooms are popping up everywhere. I don’t remember seeing them in the summer aro here before.

      Delete
  17. Lindas flores y lindas tarjetas. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias :) Te deseo un día estupendo y te mando un beso.

      Delete
  18. Your birthday earrings are pretty and so too the lovely flowers. Keep cool. Put a wet towel around your neck if you have to go out in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane, so kind of you to say :) That’s an excellent tip about the wet towel. I appreciate that very much.

      Delete
  19. What a lovely post, Denise. Your joy and gratitude shine through every word. Ann’s card is beautiful, and your birthday flowers are just gorgeous tucked around your home. I’m glad you’re feeling better, and I always enjoy the little nature rambles you share. Thanks for spreading a bit of sunshine today — it’s always a treat to visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Carrie, that is very sweet of you to say and you have made my day :) thank you so much! I try my best to share a few smiles for my family and friends.

      Delete
  20. That's a lovely card, and how exciting to have so many flowers in your home. And those are fun earrings, and they look great nestled in the sunflower petals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erika :) Ann’s cards are always smile bringers and always grateful for the flowers. Happy you like the new earrings nestled in the sunflower. I enjoyed putting them together.

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I will not be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!