Monday, October 19, 2020

MONDAY RECIPE POST - TOFFEE BUTTER ICEBOX COOKIES

Another old one.  I came across this cookie recipe here at Mom On Time Out, and they looked so good I put them on my list a long time ago.  I have been wanting to make them again for quite a while.  


Toffee Butter Icebox Cookies
Makes 4 dozen

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg, room temperature
2½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup Heath toffee bits

Cream butter and sugar together.

Add in the egg and extract and mix until well combined.

Stir in flour, mixing until fully incorporated.

Fold in Heath toffee bits.

Divide dough in half and place on top of a sheet of plastic wrap. 

Form the dough into a log about 6 inches long and 1.5 inches in diameter. 

Wrap each log with the plastic wrap and refrigerate dough rolls for 1-2 hours or until nice and firm.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Line baking sheet with parchment paper.

Remove plastic wrap from rolls and cut into ¼ inch slices.

Place slices about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.

Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.



What did we think?  Definitely a big thumb's up from both of us.  I had to cook them longer than the 8 minutes mentioned.  They took at least 12 minutes in my oven.  I know oven temperatures vary.  

Gregg likes his cookies crisp and these were crisp and those toffee bits were delicious.

This made two logs and I have put one in the freezer.  The nice thing about them is you can cut off a few at a time so you don't end up eating too many.  Believe me is not hard to do with these. We had two for dessert and I am looking forward to have one with a cup of tea tomorrow morning.  I'm also looking forward to going back to Mom On Time Out to see what other delicious recipes she has.

Thanks for looking, enjoy your day and...




28 comments:

  1. They do look and sound good (though I am not sure that toffee bits are available here).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi EC, maybe you could crush a toffee bar of some kind?

      Delete
  2. Phil would love these, Heath bars are one of his favorite candy bars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Obrigado, eles são deliciosos! Um abraço e uma boa semana para você também.

      Delete
  4. Hello, Denise

    The cookies look delicious, thanks for sharing the recipe.
    Wishing you a great day and a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Eileen, and I wish you the same.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yes, I'm glad these photos showed them they way they are. Thanks Margaret ;)

      Delete
  6. That sounds like a very easy recipe. And the cookies look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so good. Think I'll go to the store now to look for some toffee bites so I can make some too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Great Granny G, I'd love to know what you think of them :)

      Delete
  8. These cookies are making my mouth water, Denise. You have a lot more self control than I--so smart to freeze them for a fresh treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martha Ellen, believe me when I say my willpower is all over the place when cookies are around :) Freezing them does help.

      Delete
  9. They do look wonderful, buuut... frustratingly, I have to watch my carbs now. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to be keeping my carbs down too Kay, trying anyhow :)

      Delete
  10. Thankfully I have to avoid any chewy candles that could affect fillings, or these cookies would be wonderful treats, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand completely Dorothy but if I remember correctly, these are not that brittle. Famous last words I know :)

      Delete
  11. That's a keeper of a recipe for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!