Driving through the relatively new part of the Portsmouth Tunnel
1) We have just returned from a trip down south and got to visit with a lot of the family. I forget how hot and humid it can get down there. One afternoon it rained heavily and when we got out of the car, steam rose off the ground. It felt like a steam bath.
2) We ate out every day so my five this week is a lot about the places we ate. One day we were invited to dinner by our niece and nephew. A big thank you for that because they have a brand new addition in their family, and I know how tired and busy they are. There is a sweet baby who was born last month. Her little sister is doing a super job of helping mummy and daddy take care of her. We had a very special evening. We have three relatively new members in the family, a five year old, a one year old and a month old. It was lovely seeing all three of them during our stay. Sweet as can be and it just gave you a good feeling being around them.
3) Another day we went off with other family members to a restaurant we have been going to for years. I always enjoy it. Usually we sit by the window and look out over the water, but it is the busy time of the year with tourists, and even though we were further inside, we still get the view. It was also the lunch hour, and yes it was too hot to sit outside. There were plenty of tables available out there but not many people were making use of them.
4) A little while ago Gregg found a food truck that sold Lobster Rolls. Oh my goodness, they were delicious. They also sell a whole lot of other things, including fish and chips. This place is very popular but fortunately we arrived at a quieter time.
5) On the way back home we decided to drive via the Northern Shore and had lunch at The Shanty in Cape Charles. We actually had fish and chips this time. It's a restaurant that I look forward to returning. The lady who took care of us was great. She had a wonderful sense of humor and we found ourselves chuckling several times. She noticed I jokingly held my Margarita back when Gregg asked for a sip and I said to her, I guess you saw that and she said oh yes I did and she laughed. She was a real breath of fresh air. And yes Gregg got his sip. He was driving, he couldn't have but a sip and agreed it was excellent. I only have Margarita's on my birthday or when on holiday, and from now on when I am at The Shanty, because it was the best one I had tasted in a long time, and the fish and chips were delicious.
Yes, we will most definitely be going back to The Shanty the next time we are in the area.
Now we're back home and being good!
I am slowly trying to catch up with the memes and this morning I am linking with Tanya at Willy-Nilly Friday Five. You can click on the link below to visit other participants.
Willy-Nilly Friday Five