Monday, July 16, 2018

MONDAY RECIPE POST - OVEN ROASTED GARLIC PARMESAN SHRIMP



As it has been a couple of months since I did a food post, I thought I would share this one today, entirely prepared by Gregg.  

I found this recipe at The Cutting Edge of Ordinary, hosted by Lisa.  If you enjoy shrimp you can find the original recipe here.  I showed it to Gregg to see if he would like it, he did and we decided to make this our next meal.  



Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Shrimp

1 lb. raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoons dried Italian Seasoning
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, or lightly spray pan with cooking spray.

Place all the ingredients in a bowl large enough to hold all the shrimp.  Mix all the ingredients together and place shrimp in a bowl.  Toss shrimp to coat.  Place into the oven and roast just until pink, firm and cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes (don't overcook).
We went to the store in the afternoon, and in the early evening I found myself dropping off for an hour.  It had been a long day of running errands and I was a wee bit weary. I woke up hearing, "Time to eat!"  Gregg had fixed this meal and it was delicious. Since he retired he has become quite the chef.




Very easy to prepare according to hubs.  He also sautéed in a little olive oil, sliced zucchini mixed with chopped onion and corn he scraped off two cobs.  He didn't time it, but just enough for the zucchini to still have a bite to it.  


We shared a beer and toasted his Mom today.  He said she would have been surprised that he prepared this meal.  I said she would have been proud.

This dish was made a couple of weeks' ago.



27 comments:

  1. Hooray for waking up to find not only dinner, but a delicious dinner, prepared for you. Congratulations to Gregg (and yes his mother WOULD have been proud).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, most definitely a big hooray. I show your comments to Gregg. It will put a big smile on his face. Thanks EC :)

      Delete
  2. He really made a beautiful dish! What a lovely meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Er... if Greg ever feels like a trip to the UK....

    Seriously, that dish looks very tempting, enough to tempt me to have a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I love shrimp. Looks like a delicious meal and recipe. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your day and new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Eileen. Have a great week:)

      Delete
  5. someone sent me the recipe for the zuchinini and corn dish yesterday. have not tried it but looks delish, so does the shrimp. bob cooked until I retired, he was home for 8 years retired before I did, the day I retired he stopped cooking and I hate cooking... wish he would cook me a meal like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very good I think you would enjoy it. That's interesting about Bob and cooking. I enjoy cooking but I have to be in the mood and then when Gregg took an interest we started doing things together. It was nice waking up to a cooked meal though.

      Delete
  6. never thought of roasting shrimp, I'll have to give this one a try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never roasted shrimp either but it turned out great.

      Delete
  7. I should eat like this more, looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds so good -- I'm e-mailing it to Bill (LOL). Seriously, one or the other of us is going to cook this and soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum yum, this sounds perfet to me. Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd go for it with chicken instead of shrimp.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kudos to chef Gregg as this recipe is definitely one we will try at some future date. It has all the ingredients we enjoy plus it’s simple and healthy...great combo. Thanks for sharing, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall pass that on, thanks Dorothy and you are very welcome.

      Delete
  12. I did shrimp in the oven kind of like that once, but had forgotten about it ...Shrimp are so good here, so the reminder is much appreciated! Bill is cooking some now, mostly Instant Pot recipes and soups. All appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!