Monday, September 28, 2026

MONDAY MORNING RECIPE POST - SLOW COOKER 4-INGREDIENT COUNTRY GRAVY CHICKEN


This recipe was very easy to do. I found it at Cooktop Cove via Pinterest(?).  The original recipe can be found here. We could describe it as very plain (bland you might think if you are used to a lot of seasonings) but we both enjoyed it very much. It was satisfying and tasty. You can always dress it up more with your own favorite seasonings. We were tired and wanted a hot meal on what turned out to be a chilly day. This fit our needs perfectly.


Slow Cooker 4-Ingredient Country Gravy Chicken


4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 packet of country gravy mix 

(or you can use the ready-made jar of Heinz Homestyle Gravy that we used)

1 can condensed cream of chicken soup

1 cup water

Suggested sides: mashed potatoes and green beans


Lightly grease the inside of your slow cooker. Place the chicken in the bottom in one layer.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the country gravy mix, or in our case the jar of ready-made gravy, condensed cream of chicken soup and water until mostly smooth.

Pour the gravy mixture evenly over the chicken, cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours, or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours (which is the temperature we used), until the chicken is very tender and cooked through.

Once done, gently spoon some of the gravy over the chicken before serving. If you like, break the chicken into pieces right in the cooker for extra tender bites.

Serve hot over mashed potatoes, rice or noodles with plenty of gravy on top. 

We served ours with green beans and mashed potatoes. The next day no mashed potatoes but there was rice. This turned out to be our favorite - lots of gravy left - excellent and delicious! 


If you have any questions please leave them in the comments, and I will do my best to answer them.






  


Thanks for visiting, have a great day and Bon Appétit! - Denise



46 comments:

  1. That’s a delicious recipe; something quick and easy to make is always nice!
    Have a lovely day, hugs, Elke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elke :) it certainly is nice. I wish you a lovely day also :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is definitely one of those comfort foods Ginny :)

      Delete
  3. That sounds and looks wonderful something I would make Denise.
    Take care and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret :) I am glad you like this. You take care too.

      Delete
  4. Sounds delicious! I grew up on bland cooking with few spices. My mom rarely even used pepper because it was too spicy--lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rita, I love the fact your mom thought pepper was too spicy. Your mom and my mom would have got along great I’m thinking. I am always asking my dear other half to put Denise’s amount of pepper into things, not Gregg’s amount of pepper, lol! I also grew up with food on the bland side but probably like yours, very tasty :)

      Delete
  5. It looks pretty tasty tome. I love chicken no matter how it's prepared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann, I love chicken any which way, but fried chicken, anything fried, does not love me :)

      Delete
  6. Hello Denise,
    Looks and sounds delicious! Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Eileen and thank you :) I wish you the same

      Delete
  7. I love slow cooker recipes. This one is perfect year-round, but I think it works great for fall and winter for easy comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Carol, they seem to take all the effort out of cooking. Happy you like the look of this one :)

      Delete
  8. You are quite the food artist! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marcia, I have been trying hard to make my recipes look prettier. Those that don’t make the cut, don’t get put on here :)

      Delete
  9. These days easy is my middle name. Have a beautiful day, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too Ellen :) Have a beautiful day too Ellen :)

      Delete
  10. That is such a simple meal, Denise. And that gravy dripping all over the chicken really makes it. You are always making something wonderful in the kitchen. Have a good rest of September.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sheri :) so kind of you to say. I wish you the same for these last few days of September.

      Delete
  11. What an easy and delicious recipe! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks and sounds really good...i like it's simplicity!! i rarely use white meat chicken in the slow cooker because i find it is dry, but i am going to try this!!! would have been good during our recent storm!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie :) I hope you like it. We have used boneless and skinless chicken thighs in the crockpot and they were excellent too. Gosh, I hope everything was okay with you during this storm. I will be over to check.

      Delete
  13. What a beautiful presentation and looks mouth watering
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very kind of you Cecilia, thank you :) Hugs, Denise.

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Thank you very much Hena. Very much appreciated :)

      Delete
  15. This looks good.
    Chicken is always a winner with me ... it's so nutritious and reasonably priced too.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Jan and thank you very much :) All the best to you too. Denise

      Delete
  16. Gracias por la receta. Buena semana. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me alegra que te haya gustado la receta. Muchas gracias :) Te deseo una muy buena semana. Te mando un beso.

      Delete
  17. I made a copy of this chicken recipe too. I am going to make my turkey this week - just bought one. Your food looks so good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I will not be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!