Wednesday, September 2, 2026

HORSES AT THE GRAND TETON NATIONAL PARK FROM AUGUST 2013 - ARCHIVES

 Another post of old photos. We were on a road trip across country, just about ten years ago now. The following is what I wrote at the time.


Today we drove from Yellowstone National Park to The Grand Teton National Park. After dropping off our bags at the hotel, we returned to the car looking forward to exploring the area. The first things we saw were these beautiful horses.  
  

Four young ladies had gotten out of a car at the parking spot we stopped at, and we noticed that a horse was following the girls as they walked along the fence, actually trying to touch them gently with his nose.  At first just one horse, and then another joined him.  




A very interesting thing happened after the girls left.  They started to play, running at a fast trot and kicking their heels at each other briefly, and then this.


After nuzzling each other for a minute or so....


they walked slowly back to their herd.


Another lovely memory. 

When I checked online with my first and second photo, it said it was a chestnut and white pinto, or American Paint Horse, with an 'overo' coat pattern, characterized by predominantly white head and splashy white markings along the body.

An overo coat pattern refers to a group of white spotting patterns found in horses, most notably in the American Paint Horse breed. Unlike the clean vertical shields of a tobiano, overo pattern looks like white paint has been splashed or sprayed onto a dark horse.

Tobiano is a dominant genetic white-spotting pattern commonly found in pinto and American Paint Horses.

Beautiful horses don't you think? I hope I get to see their kind again one day.

Thanks for looking and 
have a continued good week.






1 comment:

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I will not be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!