Wishing those who are celebrating a very happy Labor Day. Thank you to all of you who help keep us going.
We are not doing a lot of cooking, no new recipes this past week again. We are a bit late in our food shopping, and it will be off to the supermarket in the next day or so to restock.
There is no link and the blog I originally got it from seems to have disappeared. I don't remember much except I did say we enjoyed it, and I decided to add it to my list of seafood dishes on here.
This is a healthy version of Shrimp Scampi. From the photos it looks like I overdid it on the parsley, and I would suggest just adding enough to your own taste.
Easy and Healthy Shrimp Scampi
Makes 4 servings
4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1-1/4 lb. medium raw shrimp,
peeled and deveined, tails left on.
6-8 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup dry white wine
(we used a Sauvignon Blanc)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon parsley
(the extra tablespoon will be used for a garnish)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
4 lemon wedges
In a large nonstick skillet heat the oil. Sauté the shrimp until just pink, about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, about 30 seconds. With a slotted spoon transfer the shrimp to a platter and keep them warm.
In the skillet, combine the broth, wine, lemon juice, 1/4 cup parsley, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
Boil, uncovered, until the sauce is reduced by half. Spoon the sauce over the shrimp. Serve garnished with the lemon wedges and sprinkle with the remaining tablespoon of parsley.
What did we think of this dish? Having not tried this recipe before, I wasn't sure what to expect but we thought it was excellent and served it with a mixed green salad.
Squeezing the lemon over the shrimp always seems to add a nice zing.
That's about it but if you have any questions I will do my best to answer them. As I mentioned, this was from several years ago, and I haven't made it in quite a while. We did seem to enjoy it though, and I will be putting it back in rotation.

It looks good and the recipe is easy to follow. My partner doesn't like them, so I don't cook them myself! I do eat them at restaurants sometimes.
ReplyDeleteHave a hood week, hugs Elke
Thank you Elke and not everyone likes shrimp I have only started cooking them at home in the last few years after my hubby requested them. We don’t cook them too often. Hugs, Denise :)
DeleteI love your measuring spoon signoff!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Ginny, I forget to bring it out and am glad I remembered it today :)
DeleteThat looks so delicious those prawns. Happy shopping Denise.
ReplyDeleteThanks Margaret, we will have to go shopping pretty soon :)
DeleteSounds great...Enjoy Labor Day!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, you too if you are celebrating :)
DeleteSounds delicious and I always add lots of parslety as well. Keep well, Diane
ReplyDeleteWonderful! Thank you Diane and you keep well too. Denise
DeleteLooks good, Denise. And I’ll look forward to finishing the bottle of Sauvignon Blanc with you! 🤪
ReplyDeleteThank you David and that would be lovely :)
DeleteYUM, I love shrimp and I was thinking about shrimp scampi just yesterday. Next time I go to the grocery store I may have to buy some shrimp
ReplyDeleteThat’s great Ann :) shrimp is always a nice healthy option for getting our protein.
DeleteHace tiempo que no hago gambas al ajillo. He puesto en vez de bambas langostinos cocidos, acompañados de su correspondiente sal.
ReplyDeleteQue tengas un buen día.
Eso suena excelente. Hace mucho tiempo que no como gambas :) Me gustaría probarlas con una pizca de sal en lugar de ajo. Gracias y que tenga un buen día.
DeleteHello Denise,
ReplyDeleteYummy recipe, I love shrimp! Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Eileen :) so glad. You take care too and I wish you the same.
DeleteThat looks great!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comforting words on my post. We must have hope. Things are getting me down. We are fine, but so many are suffering.
Thank you Jenn, so glad you like the look of it. I am also very glad you found my words comforting and yes indeed. I understand completely and good to know you are fine. I sincerely hope all who are suffering will find some solace in the comforting words of their family and friends.
DeleteThose prawns are so succulent and delicious!
ReplyDeleteHappy you think so Angie, thank you :)
DeleteDelicious!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Christine :)
DeleteThis looks wonderful, Denise. The shrimp are perfect.
ReplyDeleteWonderful Sandra, happy you think so and thank you :)
DeleteWE loved boiled shrimp. When we visited our daughter and son in law at the coast in December they surprised us with 5 lbs of NC shrimp cleaned and frozen. when we got home just had to drop in boiling water as we wanted
ReplyDeleteHugs cecilia
How wonderful and how very thoughtful of them :) Hugs, Denise
Deletecute...what you did with those measuring spoons. You are creative, dear lady. The dish sounds fresh and good, too.
ReplyDeleteThank you kindly Ellen, Glad you liked the recipe and the spoons. The spoons were easy with the right tools. I have had this paint shop pro for many years and the graphic came royalty free a couple of years ago :)
DeleteWe really like shrimp and enjoyed a stir fry this weekend, which was admittedly easy after the veggies were cut up and the shrimp shelled. This scampi recipe looks like one we will have to try in the future, thanks Denise.
ReplyDeleteMy pleasure Dorothy and a shrimp stir fry sounds delicious :)
DeleteYour shrimp scampi looks delicious, Denise. You know, I'm not much of a fish lover, but I do enjoy lobster, crab, and shrimp! Looks like an easy recipe. I wish you a sweet September week.
ReplyDeleteThank you Sheri. I was never a fish lover unless we were talking about fish and chips. I have acquired more taste for it over the years. Enjoy cod, salmon and haddock, and those you mentioned but won’t touch clams, oysters, mussels and the like. You have a sweet September also.
DeleteDieses Rezept kenne ich auch. Meine Familie isst Garnelen sehr gern und ich koche oft mit Garnelen. Auf deinem Bild sehen sie besonders lecker aus.
ReplyDeleteWie schön, gemeinsam mit der Familie zu kochen. Es freut mich, dass dir dieses Gericht schmeckt. Vielen Dank! Ich wünsche dir einen wunderschönen September :)
DeleteLooks delectable!
ReplyDeleteThank you Hena, so glad you think so :)
DeleteLooks good to me Denise :)
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Much appreciated Jan, thank you very much and all the best, Denise
DeleteI love shrimp. I eat it all the time. This sounds good.
ReplyDeleteThank you Mary, that’s great and happy you enjoyed the recipe.
DeleteWhat a lovely recipe to bring back into rotation, Denise. Healthy, quick, and full of flavor --just the kind of dish we all need on a busy weeknight.
ReplyDeleteThank you Veronica, very true! It was super convenient and fast :)
DeleteGracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.
ReplyDeleteEs un placer, y gracias por tu lindo comentario. Te envío un beso :)
DeleteI absolutely adore shrimp scampi so I'm definitely saving this one! Thank you so much -- it looks marvelous!
ReplyDeleteGreat! My pleasure and thank you Jeanie. I hope you enjoy it :)
Delete