I was about or 8 or 9 years old in 1958-59, and when Dad had a day off on a Sunday, we would all go for a ride in the countryside and have a picnic. I was standing on a small stone bridge over a stream. This was/is my much treasured teddy bear that was given to me by my parents on my first birthday.
I have mentioned Teddy before during the lifetime of blogging, and may have shared these photos already. Even back then he had been well loved with one missing eye, and an ear that had been sewn back on at some point. He is wearing a red corduroy dress and jacket my sister gave me, which had come from one of her dolls, on loan for the day. We were going out after all, and “Your teddy needs to be dressed” my much older and wiser sister told me (older by three years). I can’t remember much about my dress and cardy, but I can definitely remember Teddy’s outfit for the day.
Sheri mentioned in one of her comments yesterday that she would love to see Teddy sometime. She also mentioned that her mother collected teddybears, as do I, though I haven’t added any for many years. I didn’t want to forget, so here you go Sheri, my much beloved Teddy.
Below is a more updated photo, taken in a December. I always put the teddy family out for the 25th.



That’s a sweet photo of you and Teddy—and you still have him! He looks adorable even without that eye! Big hugs to Teddy, and to you too, dear Denise!
ReplyDeleteThank you Elke, thank you so much and we both send you big hugs for your kind words :) Hugs, Denise.
DeleteAwww, you still have Teddy! How fabulous. And the photo of you and Teddy is excellent, you are both beautiful. For me, it was bunny. But sadly I don't have him anymore and don't know where he went.
ReplyDeleteYes, he is still around :) Thank you Ginny, and for sharing about bunny. Sounds like he is a lovely memory too.
DeleteLovely photo of you and your Teddy, Denise. Good memories too.
ReplyDeleteThank you Margaret, very much appreciated and yes, good memories :)
DeleteWhat a lovely story. I love that you can remember Teddy’s little outfit so clearly after all these years. He has certainly been well loved, and it’s wonderful that he is still part of your Christmas teddy family.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much :) He is still very dear to me, a loving connection to my family.
DeleteTeddy's missing eye and reattached ear tell such a sweet story of being genuinely well-loved over the decades. And borrowing an outfit from your sister's doll for a picnic day out is such a charming detail to still remember all these years later, Denise.
ReplyDeleteLove, Diana
https://canalsandcitrus.blogspot.com
Hello Diana :) thank you very much! I am happy you enjoyed my story. Love, Denise
DeleteLove the picture and you and Teddy were dressed perfectly for a day out. You had a wise sister. Your teddy doesn't seem the least bit bothered by the fact that he only has one eye. He just keeps on smiling.
ReplyDeleteHappy you do, thank you very much Ann and yes, my sister was very wise. Teddy’s attitude towards himself shows what a good role model he is to this day, just keep on smiling. Talking about wise, so are you my dear friend :)
DeleteWe have two teddys in the house. I should write about them someday. I think I have but not for a long time and not together in the same post.
ReplyDeleteI for one would love to see your two teddys. Please share sometime :)
Deletewow that smile didn't change over the years, Denise :-)
ReplyDeleteSo I am told Angie, annoying to some, lol!
DeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteLovely photo, story and memory of you and your cute Teddy.
Take care, enjoy your day!
Thank you so much Eileen :) happy you enjoyed. You take care and enjoy your day also.
DeleteNot only is it amazing that you still have it, but that you brought it with you to the US.
ReplyDeleteWhere I go, he goes :)
DeleteQuite a memento. It's a wonder that you have it after all these years.
ReplyDeleteThank you Marcia, I feel very blessed to have him still :)
DeleteFond memories
ReplyDeleteVery much so, thank you Christine :)
DeleteDear Denise :)
ReplyDeleteA sweet story and photos of you and your teddy, Did he ever have a name Denise? Not that it matters a jot when he was so well loved. I never had a teddy, for some reason my parents bought me a Panda and I loved him dearly and so did my children when he was passed on to them.. Childhood toy friends are never forgotten,
You havent posted anything lately, Denise,neither have I but I hope things get back to normal some time soon.
Enjoy the rest of the week
Sendings hugs across the miles-
Sonjia.
Hello dear Sonjia :) thank you so much. No name except that I always called him Teddy. To me that was his name. How lovely about your Panda. Very true, childhood toy friends are never forgotten. My sister had her dolls, I had my teddy bear. I have posted every day Sonjia but the reading list is not showing it. Many people have been having problems with it, the latest blogger issue. I can’t even get into mine now. Enjoy the rest of the week and I also send you lots of hugs my dear friend :) Denise.
DeleteOh, Richard has his Teddy Bear too! From England, of course! (Just got it in this country when his parents passed away. But I always saw there proudly displayed.) In fact, I took a photo of it just yesterday on my phone. I had crocheted some granny squares and tried to put them together to go around a tissue box but it was too big. Hmm...I wonder if I could put it round the Teddy Bear? I did and he looks happy now! If I can get a photo on my blog, I will show you! Richard's is very well loved also. xx
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful Richard has his own well-loved Teddy Bear. I am absolutely delighted to know that, a loving connection to his parents I am sure. Please share it on your blog when you get the chance, I would love to see it. Your granny squares would look perfect on Richard’s teddy bear. Please share :) xx
DeleteSo precious, Denise. Love the fact that he is still in your possession.
ReplyDeleteThank you for those sweet words Ellen, much appreciated :)
DeleteDenise I adore you and Teddy...JUST adore it.
ReplyDeleteHugs cecilia
Wonderful, so glad Cecilia :) you are so kind. Hugs, Denise
DeleteHow sweet that you still have Teddy! I think he deserves a new vest, perhaps a red one for Christmas?
ReplyDeleteNow that’s a great idea Linda, thank you kindly for the suggestion :)
DeleteI love that you still have the teddy bear. What a sweet picture.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mary, and sweet of you to say :)
DeleteI loved seeing the photo of you and teddy! And then a close up of teddy today. How sweet! I have no idea where my big rag doll is since I moved but she is about the same age as your teddy. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Rita. Maybe you will find her in a box somewhere. That's my excuse, lol! I'm still finding things in boxes that are like opening a special gift when I find them :)
DeleteSweet teddy!
ReplyDeleteThank you Jenny, much appreciated :)
DeleteDenise, I absolutely love your precious teddy! And that photo of you is so very sweet. Thank you for sharing these precious memories, my friend. Happy fall!
ReplyDeleteThank you Billie Jo, so sweet of you and it's my pleasure my friend. Happy Fall to you also :)
DeleteUy que linda foto. Lindo peluche a pesar de los años. Te mando un beso
ReplyDeleteGracias por tu dulce comentario mi amiga. Te mando un beso.
Delete