Tuesday, September 29, 2026

AN OLD FAVORITE - WAS IT SOMETHING I SAID?

 They were obviously used to people, and certainly were not bothered by me. Sitting on a nearby bench I had the place to myself, and their delightful company.

Our dear birds are two domestic rock pigeons. The white pigeon is grooming the other. It is actually a sign of affection, trust and social bonding between pairs.

Thanks for looking and I hope your week has started well.





44 comments:

  1. SO sweet! And I love their orange feet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those really are two such lovely doves—brilliant shot.
    Wishing you a wonderful day, hugs, Elke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So kind of you to say, thank you Elke :) I wish you a wonderful day also. Hugs, Denise

      Delete
  3. What a cute couple, love the photo Denise.
    Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen, weren’t they? You take care and have a great day also :)

      Delete
  4. It’s been a while since Miriam nibbled my neck. I’ll have to talk to her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to hear Miriam’s answer David and thanks for the early morning chuckle :)

      Delete
  5. What a great photo this is. So sweet. Nice that they didn't mind your company

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a great privilege to have moments such as these. Thanks Ann :)

      Delete
  6. Lovely photo of the pigeons and they do look good, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret, one of those occasions I was in the right place at the right time :)

      Delete
  7. I love the photo and your comments. Consider yourself groomed my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your ever so sweet comment Carol. You have made my day :)

      Delete
  8. Cute. It is going well enough here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s great John :) Happy all is well or you up there.

      Delete
  9. What a sweet couple! Lovely photo, Denise.
    Greetz, Diana
    https://canalsandcitrus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are really sweet and what a cute couple.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Birds of a feather, stick together.
    I've caught the cold my granddaughters, daughter son in law and Dan have had. Can't stop blowing my nose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true :) sorry about that darned cold. Marcia. Feel better soon.

      Delete
  12. What pretty rock pigeons and just too sweet to groom each other
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Quite a number of animals groom each other. Horses are one example.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely photograph and such a sweet looking couple too.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan :) I was happy to take this photo of them. All the best, Denise

      Delete
  15. Pigeons actually form lifelong bonds, so watching them take care of each other's hard-to-reach neck feathers like that is pure devotion. Sitting quietly on a bench while birds feel safe enough to carry on right in front of you always grounds me. Your photo captured such a sweet, peaceful little moment to start the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a great description Melody, I always feel grounded and totally at peace with animals and birds :) Thank you so much!

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I will not be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!