Thursday, September 10, 2026

A WORKAROUND OF SORTS…

 I am still having problems with blogger and am not able to download any images now. Fortunately, I had these already in a draft folder, intending them to be part of an odds and bods post later. I thought as they were already on here, it might be a work-around. 

It was! I also have posts ready and set up through to Sunday. I am very glad to have done that and put them together last week during a bit of free time. Hopefully by then, all will be back to normal.

I looked this problem up on Google and they said it is probably connected with the comment issues we had. You can check if you put your question in Google’s search bar.  It will give you all the information you need.

It offered quick fixes, but frankly I am not doing that. I am trusting that things will return to normal. I don’t want to mess with my settings yet, just in case I make things worse.

So, today I have pretty art to share instead of photos from today, which I had intended to download.

Here you go, pretty art! I am always drawn to bright, vibrant colors in paintings. I thought this was lovely.



I like this one too, not vibrant, colors muted but equally appealing to me. Both from Pinterest. I love browsing through there. 



Thanks for looking and I hope all goes 
well in your part of the world. 





45 comments:

  1. Those are two beautiful pictures; I love the bold colors, too—they’re a joy!
    I agree with you there; I’m also waiting to see if things go back to normal with Google.
    Hugs, Elke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always happy you enjoy them . I find them very uplifting :) I hope so too. Hugs, Denise.

      Delete
  2. I like the second one the best, it is delightful! I would not want to mess with Blogger either! I would undoubtedly make things worse than before. Blogger has always fixed things before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginny and yes, it always seems to fix itself :)

      Delete
  3. Glad to see you back with such a lovely post. Google seems to know everything in the world, except what's wrong with Google.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friends :) and I agree with you, it’s always the way.

      Delete
  4. Such lovely art, Denise.
    You post meaning this one didn't show on my feed today, a post from 3 days ago was there and I know you post more often than that, I clicked on it and here I am on the same date as you. Stupid blogger and hopefully for all of us the problems will all iron out! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret. I have been noticing the feed hasn’t updated. I hope they will sort themselves too. The cyber gremlins are having way too much fun :)

      Delete
  5. Have you tried dragging a photo from your photo gallery straight onto your blog page? Works great! I never go through blogger to add photos! I just drag and drop. I always open my photo library, pick a photo I want on my blog…enlarge it…then drag it to my desktop. I do this with all the photos I want to add for my next post. I open my blog and drag them over to the post I’m working on. SO much easier than going through the blog.
    Now that you are throughly confused…Lololol…I’ll go.
    Hugs
    Donna 🌷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you in on a little secret Donna, it doesn't take me much to get confused, lol! Thanks for the tip. I tried it once but it didn't work for me the first time. Operator error probably :) I won't give up. Fortunately it seems to be working okay this morning. Appreciate the help, hugs, Denise

      Delete
  6. Pretty art images Denise. It seems for me Blogger is slow to update the posts. Not sure what is happening. I hope it is fixed. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, I can upload photos again, for now :) You take care and enjoy your day too.

      Delete
  7. Espero que se te resuelva el problema y puedas introducir imágenes nuevas.
    Que tengas un excelente día.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias. El problema parece haberse solucionado solo otra vez. Últimamente es algo intermitente; afortunadamente, esta mañana funciona bien. Agradezco su amable comentario y le deseo un excelente fin de semana. ¡Un cordial saludo!

      Delete
  8. Oh no not more issues. I schedule a weeks worth of posts at a time so didn't realize there was a problem. Glad you were able to find a work around for now.
    I do the same thing that Donna does for adding pictures. I have two browsers open and drag photos from my google photos into the post I'm working on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very wise scheduling your posts ahead of time. I try to do that but am not always successful. My intentions are always good, lol! Thanks for the tip on loading. I'll give it another go.

      Delete
  9. Denise, you are not alone in having this blogger issue with photos uploading tob the blog. It happened to myself as well this week and another blogger also commented on the same issue. My solution is the same as Donna commented above. I dragged the photos from my desktop into the post and then enlarged them, but this is a temporary "fix." Like yourself, I do not want to mess around with blog settings in the hopes of fixing any issue. Hopefully, in time, it will be resolved for everyone. And, the colors in the art is lovely, the second being my favorite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all have been through it at various times :) Just wish it would not be such an off and on kind of a thing. Thank you for the loading tip. I need to slow myself down when trying to do these things. If I have another problem I will try again. Actually, it might be a good thing to do it that way from now on. I will get some practice in.

      Delete
  10. Love browsing Pinterest too :-) Both are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie, they have a lot of fun things to browse through don't they? :)

      Delete
  11. I tried the drag and drop and it didn't work either. But there it is, Blogger being bad.
    I have to back track on other bloggers too as nothing but old stuff is showing up. I wonder if Blogger is going the way of the dinosaurs....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS...I tried it again and it did work by dragging it from the desktop. Thanks Beatrice!!!!

      Delete
    2. Makes you wonder doesn't it Val? I'm glad these tips worked out for you. I'm going to try again :)

      Delete
  12. Yeah, I actually was caught by surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do hope Blogger gets their act together and things run smoothly again. Enjoy your Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Ellen, me too. I hope you're having a lovely Saturday. It's taking me a while to catch up again :)

      Delete
  14. I copy pasted in a photo on a post this morning and also the reading lists aren't updating

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Christine. All seems to be okay this morning and I'm hoping everything has been resolved permanently :)

      Delete
  15. I’m having blogger issues too. Sending hugs. Love to you.
    rkrsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, sorry to hear that Regine. Hopefully it has been resolved by now for you. Love to you too :)

      Delete
  16. Blogger not updating posts on my list. Yours showed up as two days old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all a bit wacky right now Marcia, a respite this morning at least :)

      Delete
  17. Denise I am so sorry you are having all these crazy gremlins with your blog
    I do wish I could help. I know last week I finally gave up and just hoped it would work itself out....something similar happened with our tv too
    Both are ok now....fingers crossed they stay that way
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the commiserations Cecilia :) Fingers crossed indeed, and toes!!!! Hugs, Denise

      Delete
  18. Love the last picture - I picture you.
    What do you mean you can put a question in the google search bar? Where is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Sandie :) I meant open up www.google.com and where you have that open space below the google sign, it's the space underneath where you can ask a question. I usually check on the "AI Mode" on the extreme right, typing in my question first, moving over and pushing the AI Mode.

      Delete
  19. Denise, like many I too am currently experiencing problems with blogger.
    Namely the reading list not updating, it is at least two days old.

    Yesterday it wouldn't allow me to include any images in my post, although the one I've just put up I did manage to upload one image.

    I'm hoping that the issues will soon be resolved by blogger ... we shall see.

    In the meantime enjoy your September days, my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd heard about that Jan and it sounds like the same thing. It's global! I think the Cyber Gremlins are really having fun with us this time. Seriously though, I hope they sort it out soon and we can all get back to normal blogging. Happy September days to you too my dear friend with my good wishes and all the best, Denise :)

      Delete
  20. Lindas imagenes. Yo tambien tengo problemas con Blogger. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, y lamento mucho saber que también estás teniendo problemas con Blogger. Espero que ya se hayan resuelto. Te mando un beso.

      Delete
  21. Isn't it funny how Blogger can disrupt our lives so? We just assume it will work, and then it doesn't. At least all is well now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is!!! I've taken this blogging for granted all these years and this really is the first serious issue I have had with it. All is well now and I am hoping upon hope that this is resolved permanently for all of us.

      Delete
  22. Many people are having trouble with blogger right now. The only issue I'm having is that friends' posts are showing up a bit later. Blogger has a few glitches here and there, but it has been a faithful place to post important things to me - family, faith, nature, and everything in between. I'm still loyal and not going to change over to another site. We all get weary every now and then, so maybe Blogger does too. I'm sure things will be sorted out shortly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm one who really doesn't like change Sheri and I'm prepared to stick it out. Hopefully, it won't be too long before it gets back to normal. When I think of all people who use it around the world, it's pretty amazing what they do :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I will not be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!