I started outside first. I was looking around for plants to purchase, not just plant pots. I headed this way after looking at all the ones I shared in my other post.
I found a bee that caught my attention.
A closer look. My attention span and I are easily distracted, especially when it is hot and muggy and there are bees around.
All the plants on display were delightful, but I thought this was a particularly beautiful plant below. It is a Panicle Hydrangea.
The bench called my name. I sat there for a few moments...
and it wasn't long before I went inside. Gregg had already gone off to purchase the two red geraniums I had picked out.

The 4th of July items were still on sale through to the end of July.
I didn't see anything to buy, but it is always fun to browse.
I thought a bit about this puzzle. I still have a couple of unopened ones at home. It stayed on the shelf.
I skimmed through lots of items, not really with the intention of buying anything. By this time I was ready to leave, and Gregg had texted me to say the geraniums were in the car. On the other side of the aisle is my favorite gift shop area. I didn't go on this visit but I'll start there next time. I enjoyed what I did, though had reached my limit and was glad to get into the car.
Thanks for spending time with me, and I hope you are having a great day whatever you are doing.
Buying flowers is a special pleasure, something priceless... I'm in love with flowers, I used to have a whole shelf of Orchids, now I have 2 Zamias and succulents plus Bear's Paws... Your Hydrangeas are gorgeous and so delicate!
ReplyDeleteThat really is a huge garden center, it’s lovely looking at your photos—especially that bee and the panicle hydrangeas. And the decorations—they make me smile, I’d find it hard to resist such a selection myself! I’m curious to see what you pick out for your favorite corner next time!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful Sunday! Hugs, Elke
Lovely there and they have nice plants and 'things' Denise.
ReplyDeleteI love strolling through the garden center. It is a world of possibilities.
ReplyDeleteI think that as a general rule we are resisting buying new stuff and have modestly started to divest ourselves of some of what we already have. Based on what I see of the bee it looks like a carpenter bee of some kind, but that’s a bit of a guess I do confess.
ReplyDeleteIn Canada we typically only purchase plants in spring. They last for the summer, and then fall and winter come. I am surprised to see your greenhouses so full.
ReplyDeleteI always visit in the fall, AC! Things are on sale. I can replace stuff. It is great.
DeleteThat’s a really nice looking garden center. So much to look at
ReplyDeleteGarden centres are such lovely places to visit, full of tempting things to resist.
ReplyDeleteDenise, I enjoyed that! My favourite type of store...
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to resist lawn art/ornaments. You did well not buying any, but I did enjoy looking around. There's almost nothing better than a garden center. Off to check out the other post I missed. And happy rest of your weekend Denise.
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday.
ReplyDeleteAs there are no flowers blooming during our winter, a greenhouse/garden centre is my place to go to get a flower fix. The one you are showing is lovely.
ReplyDeleteLove views of the garden center. The plants and flowers all look beautiful.
ReplyDeleteTake care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
This looks like a pleasant way to spend the day. Doesn't get much better than beautiful flowers wherever you look.
ReplyDeleteDenise wishing I could browse with you at that lovely garden center.
ReplyDeleteHugs cecilia
What a terrific garden center. You have a longer season for plants and flowers than we do. Loads of fun things here.
ReplyDeleteWOW WOW WOW! This is a dream land. LOOOOOOOVE it.
ReplyDeleteOh, that hot and muggy weather can drain your energy so fast! Getting easily distracted by a bee while you're wandering around is totally relatable, though—you just can't help stopping to look.
ReplyDeleteThat Panicle Hydrangea is an absolute stunner, too. I don't blame you at all for hunting down that bench to rest your feet for a minute before heading inside. And knowing when you've hit your limit and retreating to the car while Gregg handled the red geraniums? Essential survival skills for summer garden center trips. Hope you've cooled right down since then. Thanks for taking us along on the stroll!
That's a super place to just spend hours in, I bet. I love flowers, just not much good at growing them. Geraniums were an excellent choice.. they are pretty easy and are so pretty.
ReplyDeleteThey certainly have displayed things very well.
ReplyDeleteI love browsing through garden centers. and really loved shopping with you! I would have bought the puzzle and the cactus print. I can't wait for the gift shop!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love all the flowers.
ReplyDeleteTe costará mucho tiempo decidir la que vas a comprar, hay una gran variedad de plantas y todas son preciosas.
ReplyDeleteYou have been having some very warm temps this summer. Not sure a greenhouse would be a place I'd want to be in the heat.
ReplyDeleteSome tempting garden art though.
A lovely outing
ReplyDeleteLindas flores. Te mando un beso.
ReplyDelete