Monday, February 4, 2019

MONDAY RECIPE POST - BANANA BREAD WITH THE ADDITION OF BLUEBERRIES


Banana Bread found at AllRecipes here.
218 calories per serving

Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Serves: 15

1/2 cup water
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla 
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup chopped walnuts (I added a quarter of a cup more)
2 medium bananas, sliced
1 cup fresh blueberries (added by me, not in the original recipe)

For garnish:

Strawberries
A spoonful of Clotted Cream or Regular Whipped Cream.  Gregg suggested sour cream on top, which went well if you like sour cream.  Or none of the above. It is tasty enough on its own. 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.

In a large bowl stir together the melted butter and
sugar.

Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well.

Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the butter mixture until smooth.

Finally, fold in the sour cream, walnuts and bananas.

Spread evenly into the prepared pan.

Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.





Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Garnish with a dollop of your favorite cream and top with a strawberry. Slice and fan strawberry out for a nice effect.


I baked this banana-blueberry bread when it snowed last week (1-30-19).  



I have found many recipes for banana bread to try throughout my married life. This was the first time I made one using sliced bananas rather than mashed.  I had blueberries in the fridge which were a nice addition into the batter.


It took a lot longer than an hour for it to be done. I know all oven temperatures are different.  I checked again after adding another 15 minutes to the timer.  Not sure but maybe with the blueberries it lengthened the cooking time, who knows.

It was a great recipe.  Hope you think the same if you want to try it.  

Have a great week everyone and thanks for stopping by.





28 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks EC, they are a favorite of mine. I try to add them to everything :)

      Delete
  2. Sound and looks great however for me at the moment I am trying to NOT have sugars or starch (four in that bread) so it is a No No for me now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does look and sound yummy Denise. The addition of blueberries would be really nice. Thanks for sharing, you have such a beautiful plate too :D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love banana bred and this sounds great. Have a good week, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks good enough to eat... and how!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you were next door, I would run over with a piece Valerie :)

      Delete
  6. Hello, lovely presentation and your bread looks delicious. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and have a great new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't decide which is more beautiful, the plate or the bread and fruit. stunning to look at and I am drooling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I made this a while ago, I'm really drooling for a piece also :)

      Delete
  8. My goodness does that banana bread look wonderful, Denise. Sliced bananas and the addition of blueberries sounds yummy! Enjoy your day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this deliciousness. All recipes is great, I have a new pancake recipe from them, simply because it is very popular. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/21014/good-old-fashioned-pancakes/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Christine, and thank you for this recipe link. I am going right on over.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. I liked the way it turned out in the photo. Thanks for noticing Rose :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!