Monday, February 11, 2019

MONDAY FOOD POST - RESTAURANT VISIT

Last month we decided to go to lunch at a new restaurant - for us it was new.  We had seen First Watch advertised on Yelp and the reviews seemed very good.  We had tried one time before on the weekend, and the line was out the door.  

We went again during a weekday.  It was still very busy but we were able to get a table right away.
We sat down and it wasn't long before a young lady came over to ask if we would like a drink.  I ordered coffee and water for later.  Gregg had an iced tea.  

She left us with the menu and there was a lot to choose from, so much we weren't ready to order when she came back.  She gave us a few more minutes.  
I think I settled on one thing and saw something else at least three or four times.  Finally I settled on this one.  
At first you look at the calories and you go "wow".  But what I love is that a lot of restaurants add the calorie content after each meal on the menu, so you can plan. We didn't have breakfast and afterwards we went shopping.  By the time we got back home, this was our main meal of the day.
Gregg's meal was excellent he said.  Mine too.
The bread had a wonderfully crusty coating on the outside of the bread.
This was the first time we had eaten bacon this way, and gosh was it over-the-top yummy.
Another photo of Gregg's meal, the bacon came separately and we each had two slices.
We were impressed with First Watch and will be going back.  There was a lot of food and next time we are going to ask for two plates, find a meal on the menu that we both like and share.  
Our first experience at First Watch was an excellent one. The staff were friendly and the food was great.
It was starting to snow when we left the restaurant but this was the second lot that we had and it wasn't very heavy.  We got home a few hours later having had no problems.  

Wishing you all a great week.
  

34 comments:

  1. How wonderful to find a new (to you) restaurant where the food AND the service are good. Sadly too often it is one or the other but not both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi EC, I'm glad we were able to give it a good review. We have been to places occasionally where it was not so, but those I don't write about. I figured everyone is entitled to an off day.

      Delete
  2. Hi Denise,
    You appear to have found a wonderful restaurant that even though being busy everything went to plan, the food looks excellent, if it tasted as good as it looks it must have been so good.
    All the best, John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John, it tasted as good as it looks. All the best to you too :)

      Delete
  3. I used to love eating out and comparing restaurants. I am told that good service is sadly lacking where I live. To get good food and good service would guarantee regular attendance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valerie, that's a shame and I agree, these places would get a lot more customers if the food and staff were good. It is a hard job that's for sure and when we are taken care of we appreciate it even more. The older we get the less we eat out, so when we do go out and have a good meal I like to give them credit where credit is due.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Fico feliz por te dar uma boa impressão. Nós apreciamos imensamente. Obrigado e desejo-lhe uma semana muito boa.

      Delete
  5. Well now Denise, it was yum from go to whoa in your post! I loved the way you had your potatoes and eggs, wasn't sure about the biscuits (I think they must be like what we call scones over here... or fairly similar - will google ;D)). Gregg's parmesan crusted bread looked and sounded lovely and, wow, that bacon.
    Cheers and have a happy week xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. I used to make a baking powder biscuit when I was helping my mum in the kitchen. If I remember they were very similar. Like a scone I suppose but not as sweet. Glad you enjoyed the post. Cheers to you and a happy week also :)

      Delete
  6. Hello, the restaurant sounds wonderful and the food looks delicious. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your day, have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always good to find a new favourite place to eat - isn't it? Glad you got home safe in the snow!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wren, appreciate the concern. Always good to get home when the weather starts to get iffy :)

      Delete
  8. the food looks wonderful and I love bacon. we have several First Watch and have since 2005. they built the first one in 05 next door to wear I worked. 17 miles from us and 40 mintues of traffic to drive their. the food was wonderful. I retired and they have one 8 minutes from us. the food was not fit to eat.... I tried that back in 07 and never went back... it is probably good now but once bitten twice shy. I even know that a different cook on different days makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really interesting Sandra, we didn't realize there was as many out there. Too bad your experience wasn't a good one. It would put anyone off from going back.

      Delete
  9. The food looks delicious! We are getting a lot of snow this year, off to do some light shovelling, much more tomorrow apparently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. It is a snow/sleet day today and for the next couple of days or so. More sleet than anything else.

      Delete
  10. If there was good food and friendly service, it's a pleasure to walk in this place :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmmm my mouth is watering. Happy week Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes me hungry to go back :) Happy week to you too Diane.

      Delete
  12. Oh wow! It all looks so good, especially the bacon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am busy looking for duplicate recipes Lois :)

      Delete
  13. That both looks and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. sounds good, looks awesome, i like what you got!! i'm glad it was a hit, it's such a bummer when it does't work out!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, I agree. Fortunately that doesn't happen very often :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!