Thursday, November 2, 2017

FOR CHILDREN EVERYWHERE


Today's photos were taken in the children's area of Green Spring Gardens.  


Children are like flowers
Water them with love
Nourish them with praise
Give them a compliment
Each and every day
Be their sun 
When all you see is rain
Protect them from storms
And shelter their pain
Children are like flowers
That blossom every day
Little pieces of us
And everything we say

~Angela Charles~


"While we try to teach our children all about life, 
our children teach us what life is all about."


"... and she loved 
a little boy very, very much
even more than she
loved herself."

~Shel Silverstein~


"See you later Alligator
After a while Crocodile
Bye bye Butterfly
Be sweet Parakeet
Give a hug Ladybug
See ya soon Raccoon
Out the door Dinosaur
Take care Polar Bear
So long King Kong
Blow a kiss Goldfish
Toodleloo Kangaroo"


"My wish for you is,
to splash in muddy puddles, to run through green fields, to feel the sun on your skin, to make special friends, to find the end of the rainbow, to sleep under the stars, to spread your wings and fly like a bird."


"Embrace the unique way your child is blooming, even if it is not in the garden you imagined."


"Every child is a different kind of flower, and altogether make this world a beautiful garden."


"You are amazing, remember that!"


"Bless those who see life through another window, and those who understand their views."


"Always believe that something wonderful is going to happen."


42 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post...love the poem and quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, bet the children love it there and you have found great words as well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, Denise, reading this made me wish I had a child again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Children really are wonderful. Sad that they have to grow up and become like us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing amazing amazing photos and I love them all! Really beautiful what a nice Garden. And I love that first poem and it's so true and I wish I had had that poem when I was raising my children. That's the first time I've seen the whole poem of later alligator and I really like that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra, it is a very picturesque place for photos. Poetry has a way of spreading niceness into the world when we find the right one. One of the reasons I love poetry so much.

      Delete
  6. Nice pictures and good choice of poems and quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty photos and nice quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shel Silverstein is a favorite of mine. I used his poetry for middle grades.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful place! I enjoyed all of the quotes too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a sweet garden for the kiddos, i enjoyed all the verses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pics. I esp love the metal art. I am so into wanting to have stuff like that hidden all over my yard! Problem with that....my brother cuts for me and the more I add the more he will get where he will not cut....can't have that! haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why do beautiful posts like this so often bring a tear to my eye... but in a nice way.

    Loved all of your photo's and the words you share.

    I especially enjoyed Angela Charles words and those you finish with, "Always believe that something wonderful is going to happen" ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh MY! This may be my favorite post of yours EVER!!!! I actually have tears in my eyes AND goosebumps!! The poems and quotes are just totally right and beautiful. I will be copying them and putting them on our church prayer line. And the pictures! My favorites are the metal dragonfly, painted sunflower barrel, Puffer fish, and birdhouses. Really, thank you for making my day, and my week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet comments Ginny, I am so happy you enjoyed it, and am very honored you want to share them on your prayer line. Have a great weekend my friend.

      Delete
  14. A most beautiful and heartwarming post Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Denise
    I was looking for my comment here on this lovely post, but couldn't see it!
    Never mind.
    Just stopping back to say how much I enjoyed looking at and reading this post.
    It was so very special.
    Lovely words from Angela Charles, and yes "Always believe that something wonderful is going to happen"

    My good wishes

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a little late moderating Jan, extra busy this week. Thank you for coming back to check. The same to you and have a great weekend.

      Delete
  16. Like that colourful Letter Box.
    Yes - "You are amazing"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!