We had a very enjoyable ride up to Skyline Drive. It was threatening rain and had sprinkled some. However, it held off even though it was chilly and very windy.
1) I haven’t been doing any new recipes lately. Therefore, there have been no Monday Food Posts as I have relied on the tried and true ones, with lots of quick-fix salads. We had not made this Thai recipe in a few months, and felt it was time to go to our local Asian supermarket. It is a fun place as many of the foods are more exotic than the ones we get in our local grocery store, and we thoroughly enjoy going there.
2) Our son came over to take me to the movies as a pre-Mother's Day outing. We went to the new Batman v Superman movie. He and I have the same taste in action movies. I enjoyed it and don’t think it merits all the criticism it has received. Everyone did a great job of entertaining us for a couple of hours.
3) I have just finished "The Nature of the Beast" by Louise Penny and find myself very invested in the repeat characters she has in her Chief Inspector Gamache series. I already have my next one ready to go, "A Great Reckoning".
4) It has been very rainy all week. I wish we could send it to western Canada to help with those awful forest fires. By now I am hoping that Mother Nature has lent a helping hand.
5) The following is my favorite photo of the week. As I mentioned earlier it was very cold and windy, and at one of the overlooks we were trying to take a selfie. A lady asked us if she could take our photo. Her husband and little girl, about three years' old, waited patiently and we returned the favor. I looked back as we were leaving and that darling little girl was so cold she crouched down below the wall and using it as a windbreak, she waddled very comically all the way back to the car. She had the gait of a sweet little duckling. What a cute sight she made, and just looking at this photo makes me smile.
I am sharing with the following as they become available, with my thanks to all our hosts. If you click on their names you can visit other participants.