Wednesday, July 4, 2018

GREEN SPRING GARDENS, ALEXANDRIA


This is a garden we enjoy going to during the year.  It has a great walking path and you get your exercise with lovely surroundings.  

Black-eyed Susan
I have just read about another area in the same garden that we have yet to explore.  We don't need any excuses to go back, but if we did this would be a good one.  

The house has a very interesting history and I wrote about it here.
A yellow Coreopsis and Purple Beauty Creeping Phlox.
Purple Poppy Mallow
Common Fleabane
Cosmos
There are two places we go to that have children's gardens (that we have found so far).  This is one of them.
Pretty artwork on the front and the end of the supporting posts.
This is across the walkway. An area where children can learn about nature.  A project of painted birdhouses by young people can be seen on the fence.  

You may have seen the birdhouse on the left in my 4th of July post yesterday.  I thought it was appropriate to use this patriotic-themed birdhouse.  It felt very special knowing that it was painted by a child.


More birdhouses near the children's garden.


I will leave you with a few more flowers I believe these are Mountain Plover Delphiniums.  We will be back here sometime.


Orange Gazanias


Yellow Lupines
Lantana

Love-in-the-Mist




24 comments:

  1. OH, how gorgeous!!! And I can use your photos to identify some flowers that I have seen recently! The Gazanias and Poppy Mallow are my favorites! I will have to research the Poppy Mallow, to find out if it is a poppy or a mallow! And the children's garden is every bit as pretty and interesting as the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ginnie, it is fantastic to see your comment and I have missed you greatly dear friend. I hope I have everything labeled correctly. I always look for markers but could only find the one on the poppy mallow. Others I research and hope that I haven’t gotten it wrong. Others I leave alone because I don’t want to misidentify. I hope by this visit it means that you are feeling a whole lot better.

      Delete
  2. I just found this about the Poppy Mallow: Poppy mallow, also often called purple winecup, is a member of the heat-loving hibiscus family, the same family where notorious heat lovers such as cotton and okra belong. But instead of growing erect like most members of this family, poppy mallow is a sprawling perennial herb with a deep taproot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very interesting. Thanks for the info. I will be visiting your blog very soon.

      Delete
  3. How absolutely beautiful.
    I think I would be tempted to set up a tent and camp there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colour of the Lupines and I like the suggestion made by Elephant's Child.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, pretty images from the gardens. The flowers are beautiful. I love the tree sculpture and all the bird houses. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a super place to exercise but I might stand still so many times snapping madly I would not get much excerise. I love these, all of them and I want the dead tree arbor thingy.. love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be difficult to get the kind of exercise that keeps us in perpetual motion without the distraction :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Flowers are soul brighteners aren’t they :)

      Delete
  8. Wonderful flowers. Thanx for the photos.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Victor. Glad you enjoyed them :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Denise,
    What a wonderful place to visit.
    Some wonderful flower images but love the colourful bird boxes.
    All the best, John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, glad you enjoyed it. All the best to you too :)

      Delete
  10. Such bright and beautiful flowers~ A wonderful garden indeed. It sure is easier to get in those steps when you are in beautiful surroundings!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bright, colorful flowers are like a tonic, and walking around a pretty garden even more so. You are right about those steps. Thanks Sallie :)

      Delete
  11. Oh, Denise, thanks for the link back to this....love the birdhouses, love the flowers, specially the Love in the Mist. I had never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes me happy you enjoyed it Rose, thank you for letting me know :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I won't be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name please, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!