Thursday, October 8, 2026

ANOTHER OLD FAVORITE

 


I am going back to 2008 for this one. We were on a ferry in the San Juan Islands, Washington State. I spotted the two herring gulls as the ferry was leaving its dock to continue the journey, and remember being very happy they posed so perfectly.

I don’t have a lot news to write about today, so I will
wish you all a great day. 





42 comments:

  1. I love the look of this photo! The sharp pair of birds in the foreground, and behind them the slightly out of focus boat. And the twinkling water!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad Ginny :) it was one of those I was in the right place at the right time moments :)

      Delete
  2. A beautiful photo of the herring gulls!!!
    I love scenes like this with the water and the fishing boat!
    Have a good day. Hugs, Elke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Elke :) I thought of you when I found this, because of all the wonderful seascape photos you share. You have a good day too. Hugs, Denise

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, couldn’t have put it better myself :)

      Delete
  4. Very pretty scene! Well done!!
    Hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly Donna and much appreciated :) Hugs, Denise

      Delete
  5. Love this photo. They did pose perfectly for you

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are imposing birds, aren’t they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed David, and a bird I have always enjoyed :)

      Delete
  7. That is a lovely photo of the gulls, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder if the gulls are having their monirng convention in the field opposite tis morning. I’ll have to check in a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do, I would love to see your photos John :)

      Delete
  9. I always like seeing water pictures. Live too far away to see the ocean and don't make it up to Lake Erie anymore. And birds! I'm a bird watcher and they are migrating south now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lynn and Precious :) me too and I am in the same ‘boat’. Happy birding my friend.

      Delete
  10. It is a lovely scene and the gulls really do look like they are posing for the. photo. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :) Happy you enjoyed the photo and you have a great day also.

      Delete
  11. Denise, I do recall how you previously commented that you liked seeing gulls so this was a great capture and thanks for sharing. Also, thank you for all your comments on my recent blog posts. While, I have been trying to keep up with reading blogger's posts between travels there isn't always time to comment on all. And, once again, we will be off on an adventure next week and this time within the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dorothy, you have been very busy and understand completely about commenting. I would certainly advise you to enjoy your travels first and put your blogging and commenting on the back burner for a while. I loved seeing your UK photos as you may have guessed. I will also love seeing your US photos when you have a chance to share them on your return. Happy travels!

      Delete
  12. Denise I enjoyed your flashback I like anything with water it is so calming
    Hugs Cecilia
    PS carpet cleaning went well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful and thank you for sharing that Cecilia, much appreciated, so true. Also glad the carpet cleaning went well :) Hugs, Denise

      Delete
  13. That is a fabulous photograph Denise. I love how the gulls are so clear in the foreground. I hope you are having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly Erika :) I was very happy with the way this photo turned out and remember the scene as if it were yesterday. Having a great day thank you. I hope you are too.

      Delete
  14. I enjoyed your post although you didn't have much news. Always good to see you about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s great, thank you Latane :) You are very sweet to say so.

      Delete
  15. I can see why this is a favourite photograph.
    It's lovely.

    Happy Thursday Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan, I appreciate that :) Happy Thursday Wishes to you also, and all the best. Denise

      Delete
  16. Hello, Denise
    I love the gulls as much as all the other birds. Great photo.
    Take care, enjoy your day and the weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s lovely to know Eileen, and thank you :) I wish you the same.

      Delete
  17. Es un lindo recuerdo. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias, de verdad que lo fue :) Te mando un beso.

      Delete
  18. What a great picture. I love the birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s great Mary, they are lovely to watch, aren’t they?

      Delete
  19. Replies
    1. Thanks Sandie, an older much preferred camera and a steadier hand :)

      Delete

Thank you so for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit. As I do monitor comments it may take a while for them to appear, even quite late depending on what is going on and how much time I am able to spend on the computer.

I appreciate all who look at my blog, but I will not be publishing any businesses. If you are only able to publish anonymously, would you sign your name, and leave an addy so I can return your visit where possible? Thank you!